+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for PGP 2022

Kay28

Feb 22, 2019
friends ,
I’m sponsoring my dad and mom for parents and grandparents PR 2022. They both have applied for visitor visa in 2019 and complete their biometrics. The biometric is still valid until 2029. Do I still need to pay biometric for PGP 2022 application or can I ignore that biometric fee and not pay while submitting my application?
Any suggestions or similar situations

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
friends ,
I’m sponsoring my dad and mom for parents and grandparents PR 2022. They both have applied for visitor visa in 2019 and complete their biometrics. The biometric is still valid until 2029. Do I still need to pay biometric for PGP 2022 application or can I ignore that biometric fee and not pay while submitting my application?
Hi Kay, you don't have to pay the biometrics fee if the old ones are still valid. I recently submitted a PR Application but didn't include anything related to biometrics as my previous ones are still valid. You can mention this in the letter of explanation if you want to be on the safe side.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
friends ,
NEVER ignore anything from CRA and IRCC.
I see two options:
Op1 - Do not pay and provide details on the valid biometric in your application via an explanation letter
Op2 - Pay and apply for refund at a later time maybe after the application is completed?

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
HI SLL .... sponsored under pgp ok ..... applied in DEC 22 ... application recd in 1st week of March 23 .... how much time to finalise the PR and the steps in the procedure .... any one know .... thanks