+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for inland?

xoxochiixoxo

Nov 18, 2019
We sent in an application for inland spouse sponsorship + OWP and we just got a letter requesting biometrics. I thought inland applications are supposed be exempt from biometrics. So I thought it might be an error and tried calling CIC but the lady was so rude and just said read the letter and follow what the letter says. She didn't even look up our application. Has anyone had this experience? Should I try calling again and talk to a different person?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
We sent in an application for inland spouse sponsorship + OWP and we just got a letter requesting biometrics. I thought inland applications are supposed be exempt from biometrics. So I thought it might be an error and tried calling CIC but the lady was so rude and just said read the letter and follow what the letter says. She didn't even look up our application. Has anyone had this experience? Should I try calling again and talk to a different person?
https://monitor.icef.com/2019/11/canadian-immigration-officials-share-operational-updates/

I just found this article and while not refering to spousal sponsorship it appears they are finally opening up biometric collection centres in Canada as of next month. This might explain why you've been sent a biometric request.

xoxochiixoxo

Nov 18, 2019
Thank you! I just called immigration again yesterday and the girl I talked to this time checked our file and said it was an error and to just ignore the letter. I think maybe someone got too ahead of themselves cause we would have to submit the biometrics before those ones are open. But maybe they are starting to train them for it so that could explain why!