+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics fees to be paid again if biometrics already been given for previous application?

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hello Helpful Members,

I am planning to submit application for spousal sponsorship in Family class. She already applied for Visitor visa last year(before marriage) and gave her biometrics for that application and decision is still pending for TRV. While I was going through "Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child – Complete Guide (IMM 5289)" It says as below:

When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

However, When I was paying the fees online, I got this tool to verify if I need to pay the fees or not.

Find out if you need to give biometrics

Select one: (required)
I didn’t give biometrics in the past.
I gave biometrics in the past.

For which type of application did you give your biometrics in the past? (required)
1. a visitor visa, study or work permit application ONLY

2. a permanent residence application ONLY
3. a visitor visa, study or work permit application AND permanent residence application

Are your biometrics still valid? (required)
Yes

No

Answer: You don’t need to give biometrics.

Now I am confused, Should I pay for it in advance or not?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should have selected 2, permanent résidence application.

Note right now for COVID govt has waived bios for those who already gave.

But if you don't pay now, it might get delayed. If you do, it will probably get refunded.

Up to you.

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
You should have selected 2, permanent résidence application.

Note right now for COVID govt has waived bios for those who already gave.

But if you don't pay now, it might get delayed. If you do, it will probably get refunded.

Up to you.
I selected that option because she gave biometrics in past for Visitor visa application. Not per permanent resident. Am I missing anything?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I selected that option because she gave biometrics in past for Visitor visa application. Not per permanent resident. Am I missing anything?
Ah I see, good point. It still says above you need to give though.

Anyway - situation still as i described. Just that there are still reports of delays because request to pay comes anyway. If not needed, biometrics gets refunded.

Up to you.

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Ah I see, good point. It still says above you need to give though.

Anyway - situation still as i described. Just that there are still reports of delays because request to pay comes anyway. If not needed, biometrics gets refunded.

Up to you.
I guess you are right.. let me not to take a risk and let this request delay my application.

Thank you for your advice.

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I guess you are right.. let me not to take a risk and let this request delay my application.

Thank you for your advice.
could you please share what happened?
I got a request to pay biometrics fees although it was previously given

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
could you please share what happened?
I got a request to pay biometrics fees although it was previously given
I paid fees in advance even though it was not required. But I got refunded while application was in progress.

If they sent you request to pay. Just pay it. Don't let it delay your application.

Hope its helpful.

Reactions: armoured

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I paid fees in advance even though it was not required. But I got refunded while application was in progress.

If they sent you request to pay. Just pay it. Don't let it delay your application.

Hope its helpful.
Thanks a lot!

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hello,
I have applied for family sponsorship (spouse). I received AOR and now I am applying trv. When I pay the payment, the portal confirm me to pay 100CAD. It did not list the biometric fee. I am confused why the biometric fee is not listed for me?

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hello everyone,
I need your help please.

my spousal application withdrawn by IRCC as they stated my wife(sponsor) is in default immigration loan. So, if we need to apply again, I think we have to pay the immigration loan. What other requirements should we bother in applying for the 2nd time?