+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Fee Refund

Dec 18, 2019
Hi All,

I submitted my EE application today and CIC included Family Biometric Fee $170 in my application.

My wife already has Biometric valid till 2029 and I already include that in my application as additional document. How can I ask for refund for her Biometric fees?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Are the biometrics she had for Temporary Resident Visa? or were they taken for a PR application?

I am asking because even if she has valid biometrics for a TRV she will have to have them retaken for her PR.

I know this because it was exactly the same case for my wife.

Dec 18, 2019
Are the biometrics she had for Temporary Resident Visa? or were they taken for a PR application?

I am asking because even if she has valid biometrics for a TRV she will have to have them retaken for her PR.

I know this because it was exactly the same case for my wife.

Yeah, I think thats the case. I called IRCC and they said the same thing. But I don't get the logic. If they already have Biometric for TRV why they can't use the same for PR.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I know it does not make sense to me, I had the exact same situation but she had to take the biometrics again. I have never had my biometrics taken before (I don't need them, only she does) so I don't know exactly what the difference between them is or if there is any difference at all.