+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Delay

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024
Hello,

I put in my application on March 5, by March 8 medical updated to passed cos I had done medical in January for my visitors visa extension and I got acknowledgement of claim same day.

Today is April 20th, no update. I see timelines that people get biometrics within a month.

Also, in the biometrics section of my account, it says 'We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.' But there's nothing else after the acknowledgement of claim. Is this normal?

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
Hello,

I put in my application on March 5, by March 8 medical updated to passed cos I had done medical in January for my visitors visa extension and I got acknowledgement of claim same day.

Today is April 20th, no update. I see timelines that people get biometrics within a month.

Also, in the biometrics section of my account, it says 'We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.' But there's nothing else after the acknowledgement of claim. Is this normal?
Similar application timeline to yours. Medical update took time -April 9th passed. Nothing after that. I hindsight should have applied from Kitchener.

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024
Similar application timeline to yours. Medical update took time -April 9th passed. Nothing after that. I hindsight should have applied from Kitchener.
My medical was that fast cos I had done medical in January, so it was updated automatically 3days after. Nothing else since then. Do you think it's possible to change location?

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
My medical was that fast cos I had done medical in January, so it was updated automatically 3days after. Nothing else since then. Do you think it's possible to change location?
I wouldn't change anymore because assuming they start working on the file and then instead of continuing to process it, they will reroute which could again slow things down. Called IRCC today and they said to wait and give it more time.

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024
I wouldn't change anymore because assuming they start working on the file and then instead of continuing to process it, they will reroute which could again slow things down. Called IRCC today and they said to wait and give it more time.
That's true. Let's hope for something this month.

hisokamora

May 2, 2024
Hi,
I applied the same day as you. and got biometric and eligibility meetings done already . What location did you apply from?