+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics - Currently in USA

canadajmv2020

Sep 17, 2020
Hi, I got my ITA. I am planning to send my passport to Indian Embassy to get my PCC. Not sure how long will that take. Meanwhile, if I submit all my documents and state in Letter Of explanation that Iindian PCC is on its way, how long will it take to give my biometrics in USA ? My original passport will be with the Indian embassy and can I submit all the documents without the biometrics? Could you please clarify this doubt.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
It depends on your stream. FSW now takes around 20-30 days to get biometrics letter and CEC probably takes 50-60 days. It could change in the future though.

Even though IRCC said applications with missing documents will not be rejected, it's better to get your PCC first. Without PCC, R10 cannot be completed and I don't think your application will be processed anyway and you still have the risk of being rejected for incompleteness.

Sep 21, 2020
You can submit your application without biometrics... Afterwards IRCC sent a BIL for biometrics..
And one more things, now a days you dont need to send your original passport to Indian Embassy. I got my PCC in July end from NY Indian embassy and they asked to send notarized passport copy.
You can call or even confirm via email with Indian embassy.