+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics collection in the US for people residing in Canada

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi All,

I've been asked by CIC to go outside Canada to do my biometrics. Just wondering if anyone has successfully done this in the US (i.e., travel to the US from Canada). CIC states the below:

"If you are already legally in the United States, you may go to a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Application Support Center (ASC) or a Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in the United States or its territories".

not sure if this means must be 'legally residing' - I lived in the US for 10 months, just returned in October 2018. I've called USCIS office and was redirected to CIC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I've been asked by CIC to go outside Canada to do my biometrics. Just wondering if anyone has successfully done this in the US (i.e., travel to the US from Canada). CIC states the below:

"If you are already legally in the United States, you may go to a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Application Support Center (ASC) or a Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in the United States or its territories".

not sure if this means must be 'legally residing' - I lived in the US for 10 months, just returned in October 2018. I've called USCIS office and was redirected to CIC.
No, it does not say you have to be a legal resident, only that your presence is legal (you entered with proper authorization). Visitors/tourists enter legally...