+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric

stone1

Mar 9, 2019
Does anyone know about biometric appointments are going on or not? My 90 days for biometric are going to expire soon.

May 19, 2020
Does anyone know about biometric appointments are going on or not? My 90 days for biometric are going to expire soon.
Biometrics extension for temporary and permanent residence applicants
Some biometrics collection sites are still closed. These sites include

• visa application centres (VACs)
  • United States (US) application support centers (ASCs)
  • Service Canada offices
If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Reactions: yalink
May 19, 2020
IRCC will be able to check everything except criminality. So, in short, yes, IRCC will continue to process your application but can't approve it until Biometrics are done.
Thanks for your reply. I applied to a Work Permit in 2018 and IRCC collected my biometrics. Nevertheless I have to go through the same process again. :-(

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
When did you get your Biometric instruction letter? My company applied for ICT from US in May and I am still waiting for BIL, Application support centers will open here in US on July 27th, hoping to get the BIL before that.

May 19, 2020
When did you get your Biometric instruction letter? My company applied for ICT from US in May and I am still waiting for BIL, Application support centers will open here in US on July 27th, hoping to get the BIL before that.
I received my letter one week ago. I am in Canada and I hope I can to a Service Canada before the end of this month. Good luck

Reactions: ArpitaMathur

logitec9800

Feb 4, 2020
Hi all, just received BIL and I just called Service Canada but unfortunately is still closed until further notice..

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Most likely they will resume early August or else they will waive it making it required step when you get COPR to go service Canada to get PR or else go to RCMP for inland for police clearances , somehow they need to consider rather than creating huge backlog.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I applied for my PR through my lawyer. My lawyer submitted my application(paper application) on the 29th of June. I receive an official letter (BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER) via my lawyer from IRCC today (10th of Sept, 2020). The letter requested for me to do my BIOMETRIC at any service Canada location.

Fortunately, the Service Canada in the area is open to the public. However, they do not process biometric. I went there in person and their employee confirms this information with me. On the IRCC website, the Service Canada in my area is NOT on the list of SERVICE CANADA that does biometrics.

The area I live in is a rural area and there is no much immigrant here. I am guessing that might explain why they do NOT have the biometric facility in my area at Service Canada.( IT IS MY ASSUMPTION. I am not sure)).

I was told by Service Canada in my area that if I wish to proceed with my biometrics, I will have to travel to a bigger city where Service Canada does biometric.

The bigger city that does biometric close to my area is very far. it is about 4 hrs drive. I do not drive and considering pandemic, which makes travel difficult via public transport as public transport is almost non-existent in my area that travels to bigger cities.
Lastly, I was told Service Canada all across Canada is not open to the public for biometrics until further notice. here is the link--->https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

By the time Service Canada resume service to the public all across all provinces, I will like to know exactly what I can do to overcome this challenge. I am considering doing my biometric at the police station in my area. I think they do biometric but I am not 100% sure if it for immigration purposes.
The problem here is that IRCC did NOT state in the letter sent to me that the biometric can be done at police station.

My question to you will be, what will you do if you were in my position?

I just want to ensure that the issue of bimetric does not slow down the progress of my application and also, I know what to do to get my biometrics.

I hope to get a response from you anybody soon.

Thank you

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Police forces do NOT collect biometrics for IRCC. You won’t be aboe to give biometrics there for your PR application.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Police forces do NOT collect biometrics for IRCC. You won’t be aboe to give biometrics there for your PR application.
Thanks for the response.

what would be your advice on what I can do considering the fact that the service Canada in my area does not do biometrics?
would consider I travel to a big city where service Canada is available for biometrics?