+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric

Richy2

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I just linked my paper application to my online account and realized that my Biometric status is "We do not need your fingerprint. We will send you a message if this changes." Can someone explain to me what this means since I have already given my biometrics. And my biometrics details is in my account.

Thanks in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Fingerprints are a special kind of criminal record check where you must have your fingerprints taken by an accredited agency and compared against RCMP/FBI fingerprint databases.

Biometrics are similar - and yes, you take fingerprints as part of a biometrics appointment - but it is not the same process. That is why it's listed separately on the website.

Just don't worry.

swatishetty

Mar 8, 2020
Biometrics are different from fingerprints. Do not worry.
HI KHP

I received ITA in the month of January and submitted my application on Feb 24th 2020.March 4th received my first update on the application stating my medicals were cleared and I need to give my biometry. Biometric Collection letter was attached as well and in few hours my application status was changed to "Your action is required" and at the same time my profile was updated with past biometric information.
My question is - I have already given my biometric in the month of Jan for my work permit extension application and its valid until jan , 2029 .Also my profile has captured the biometric details automatically , Even then why am I asked to give my biometric again ?

Is it necessary to re give my biometric ?OR should I submit a webform for this issue ? Did you ever come across such situation or known anyone being in this situation?

swatishetty

Mar 8, 2020
HI KHP

I received ITA in the month of January and submitted my application on Feb 24th 2020.March 4th received my first update on the application stating my medicals were cleared and I need to give my biometry. Biometric Collection letter was attached as well and in few hours my application status was changed to "Your action is required" and at the same time my profile was updated with past biometric information.
My question is - I have already given my biometric in the month of Jan for my work permit extension application and its valid until jan , 2029 .Also my profile has captured the biometric details automatically , Even then why am I asked to give my biometric again ?

Is it necessary to re give my biometric ?OR should I submit a webform for this issue ? Did you ever come across such situation or known anyone being in this situation?
Any reply on this will be greatly appreciated!

swatishetty

Mar 8, 2020
You have to give me more than a minute before asking twice!

If you gave biometrics for anything temporary (visit visa, work visa) you will be asked to give them again for PR.
Sorry about the second reply , It was suppose to be part of my first message.

Well Thank you so much for your quick reply !!!

I looked for service Canada appointment , but the latest available slot I could get is April 2nd :( Which is too late(as the biometric collection letter will expire by April 4th)
Does service Canada entertain requests without appointment in such cases?