+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometric

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
hello everyone I just want some help my situation is like this.. I been working here in Canada from 2017 to 2019 of January under childcare but my employer terminated me so I apply for visitor visa for the meantime will I’m looking for my my new employer..and now I process my paper for a new working permit and I received a letter to get my biometric,I don’t know what to do because I don’t want to go out from Canada just to get my biometric please help where can I get the biometric without leaving the country?thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
hello everyone I just want some help my situation is like this.. I been working here in Canada from 2017 to 2019 of January under childcare but my employer terminated me so I apply for visitor visa for the meantime will I’m looking for my my new employer..and now I process my paper for a new working permit and I received a letter to get my biometric,I don’t know what to do because I don’t want to go out from Canada just to get my biometric please help where can I get the biometric without leaving the country?thank you

EDIT- See my post below. You may be exempt if your work permit can be processed from inside Canada.

Unfortunately you will have to travel to give your biometrics. You cannot give your biometrics in Canada since there are no VACs inside the country, and only certain workers (from visa-exempt countries, which you aren't) can give their biometrics at the port of entry.

However, you can travel to ANY visa application center anywhere in the world - it doesn't have to be your home country. Does your nationality allow for easy travel to the USA, or Mexico, or the Caribbean? That might be the easiest way to go.

Of course, once you leave you cannot enter without a TRV (visa). All in all, you may have to leave Canada for a few months to get all this sorted out.

Check these links for more - > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html#port_entry

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Good News - you may be exempt from the requirement

There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for
  • a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence

However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
EDIT- See my post below. You may be exempt if your work permit can be processed from inside Canada.

Unfortunately you will have to travel to give your biometrics. You cannot give your biometrics in Canada since there are no VACs inside the country, and only certain workers (from visa-exempt countries, which you aren't) can give their biometrics at the port of entry.

However, you can travel to ANY visa application center anywhere in the world - it doesn't have to be your home country. Does your nationality allow for easy travel to the USA, or Mexico, or the Caribbean? That might be the easiest way to go.

Of course, once you leave you cannot enter without a TRV (visa). All in all, you may have to leave Canada for a few months to get all this sorted out.

Check these links for more - > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html#port_entry
Hello again I have a TRV visa and it will expire on may 29 is it possible for me to come back here in Canada once I go out just to do my biometric?if yes...i need a visa to go inside US just to do it there?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello again I have a TRV visa and it will expire on may 29 is it possible for me to come back here in Canada once I go out just to do my biometric?if yes...i need a visa to go inside US just to do it there?
Are you sure you're not exempt? You applied within Canada for a work permit, right? And it is being processed within Canada? Then you don't need biometrics. Can you give a little more information about the type of work permit you applied for?

Regarding your visa question. Yes, with a valid TRV you should be able to reenter Canada. However, you will of course need a visa for the US, unless your nationality (what is your nationality?) has visa free entrance to the US.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Does your letter state the following:

"
Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics."

Reactions: Padangat

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
Does your letter state the following:

"
Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics."
Yeswhat to do?

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
Are you sure you're not exempt? You applied within Canada for a work permit, right? And it is being processed within Canada? Then you don't need biometrics. Can you give a little more information about the type of work permit you applied for?

Regarding your visa question. Yes, with a valid TRV you should be able to reenter Canada. However, you will of course need a visa for the US, unless your nationality (what is your nationality?) has visa free entrance to the US.
I'm a Philipino....thats why is not easy for me to go there just to do my biometric...yes I applied for work permit by email because I hired agency to do it for me....and they said that because I have visitor visa is like they send it to the US....now its become complicated.

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
I'm a Philipino....thats why is not easy for me to go there just to do my biometric...yes I applied for work permit by email because I hired agency to do it for me....and they said that because I have visitor visa is like they send it to the US....now its become complicated.
I really don't know what to do it's just I'm giving up on that application.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I really don't know what to do it's just I'm giving up on that application.
If you have that statement in your letter, then yes, you have to leave the country to get your biometrics done. The agency is correct.

However, you don't have to go to the US. You can go to any other country.

Here's a list of countries that are apparently visa free for citizens of the Philippines. There are many flights to the Caribbean from Canada. Check to make sure you have visa free entry before you buy a ticket.

Of course, this will cost a significant amount to fly there, stay a couple of days, and then fly back. Still, the option exists.

Caribbean

1. Dominica
  2. Haiti
  3. St Lucia*
  4. St Vincent and the Grenadines
  5. Trinidad and Tobago*
Americas

1. Bolivia
  2. Brazil
  3. Colombia
  4. Costa Rica
  5. Ecuador
  6. Nicaragua*
  7. Peru
  8. Suriname

Padangat

Apr 1, 2018
If you have that statement in your letter, then yes, you have to leave the country to get your biometrics done. The agency is correct.

However, you don't have to go to the US. You can go to any other country.

Here's a list of countries that are apparently visa free for citizens of the Philippines. There are many flights to the Caribbean from Canada. Check to make sure you have visa free entry before you buy a ticket.

Of course, this will cost a significant amount to fly there, stay a couple of days, and then fly back. Still, the option exists.

Caribbean

1. Dominica
  2. Haiti
  3. St Lucia*
  4. St Vincent and the Grenadines
  5. Trinidad and Tobago*
Americas

1. Bolivia
  2. Brazil
  3. Colombia
  4. Costa Rica
  5. Ecuador
  6. Nicaragua*
  7. Peru
  8. Suriname
Even in the 2nd letter have said like this
FOR OFFICIAL USE AT BOIMETRIC COLLECTION SERVICE POINT
FOR VISA APPLICATION CENTER ( VAC), IRCC no ______________ and then the bar code.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Even in the 2nd letter have said like this
FOR OFFICIAL USE AT BOIMETRIC COLLECTION SERVICE POINT
FOR VISA APPLICATION CENTER ( VAC), IRCC no ______________ and then the bar code.
So what's your question?