+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Status Update: Status updated for secondary applicant only

annh

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

So my parents have applied for a visit visa (TRV) and received a request for biometric.

Both of them gave their biometrics together on 23-Jan. After a few days, both their application pages showed their biometric number and biometric enrollment date. But the status was still not updated and showed as "your action required" and under the Biometric heading it said "we need your biometrics.... blah blah".

Now, a few days ago only my mother's application (secondary applicant) started showing a status update saying "Biometrics completed - 26-Jan-2020".

But there is no such update on my father's application page (my father is the primary applicant).

Can't understand why only one of their application has been updated... Does anybody have any idea about this?

Will appreciate any help. Thank you!

P.S. Also, just an fyi, we have not received any new message on any of the two applications after the initial biometric request letter.

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Maybe the system was congested. That some time happen. As long as you keep the original Biometric Request letter which has sealed after your parents gave their biometric. It will be fine.

Sri29

Dec 23, 2020
Hi,

So my parents have applied for a visit visa (TRV) and received a request for biometric.

Both of them gave their biometrics together on 23-Jan. After a few days, both their application pages showed their biometric number and biometric enrollment date. But the status was still not updated and showed as "your action required" and under the Biometric heading it said "we need your biometrics.... blah blah".

Now, a few days ago only my mother's application (secondary applicant) started showing a status update saying "Biometrics completed - 26-Jan-2020".

But there is no such update on my father's application page (my father is the primary applicant).

Can't understand why only one of their application has been updated... Does anybody have any idea about this?

P.S. Also, just an fyi, we have not received any new message on any of the two applications after the initial biometric request letter.
Hi,

I have a similar situation. How long did it take to get the biometrics updated on your father’s application??

Thanks.

May 2, 2018
Hi,

Hi..

I am also in the similar situation. My dad's status is updated but my mom's still shows biometrics required. Can you please let me know how long it took for you to get both the applications status as biometrics completed?

Also can you please let me know if you have got PPR request and how long did it take for the passport request after the biometrics have been updated?

Thank you in advance.

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
Hello,
I am also in a similar situation. My status is updated but my spouse still shows biometrics required. would you please anyone tell me how long it will take to get both the status of the application as biometrics completed?

sonupathak

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello,
I am also in a similar situation. My status is updated but my spouse still shows biometrics required. would you please anyone tell me how long it will take to get both the status of the application as biometrics completed?
Hi did it change for you? I am in similar situation. Please let me know if it got updated for your mother,
Hi..

I am also in the similar situation. My dad's status is updated but my mom's still shows biometrics required. Can you please let me know how long it took for you to get both the applications status as biometrics completed?

Also can you please let me know if you have got PPR request and how long did it take for the passport request after the biometrics have been updated?

Thank you in advance.
Hi did it change for you? I am in similar situation. Please let me know if it got updated for your mother,

Jinxd

Jul 10, 2022

My spouse and I gave our biometrics together. His were updated the same day. Mine were updated after approximately 5 weeks.