+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Repeat

Citizen19

Nov 22, 2019
IRCC wants me to repeat Biometrics due fingerprints were not clear. Can I do on initial Biometric Request Letter which has barcode or should I wait for new letter from IRCC ? Anyone experienced this before ?

Reactions: RomanSky

mohitbha

Apr 10, 2020
So, did you gave the Biometric again? Did IRCC told you to take new appointment or how was a new appointment schedules in Service Canada?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Sorry I don't have answers for you, but I might be in a similar situation, so I have questions. How did you know that IRCC wants you to repeat biometrics if they did not send you a new BIL? After you submitted biometrics the first time, did you see them get updated in you mycic profile online?

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Even my wife's finger prints were not clear when the SC officer took the biometrics. But it got updated on the portal with a validity of 10 years. Do they ask to repeat it? Any one can answer Plz.

mohitbha

Apr 10, 2020
I have a similar situation. my souse had an appointment and she gave the biometric , however the fingerprints were not coming clear for one hand. So, can I expect any communication from IRCC and will it cause any delays in processing?

mohitbha

Apr 10, 2020
Even my wife's finger prints were not clear when the SC officer took the biometrics. But it got updated on the portal with a validity of 10 years. Do they ask to repeat it? Any one can answer Plz.
You mean biometric for both of you got updated on portal? and after how many days of giving biometrics was it updated?

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
You mean biometric for both of you got updated on portal? and after how many days of giving biometrics was it updated?
10 minutes after giving, it got updated. how about you?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I have a similar situation. my souse had an appointment and she gave the biometric , however the fingerprints were not coming clear for one hand. So, can I expect any communication from IRCC and will it cause any delays in processing?
It is entirely visa officer discretion. They can rely on photographs in such cases or can ask to repeat. Mostly fingerprints issue is either due to temporary injury or at times kind of permanent issue.

Reactions: RomanSky

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
It is entirely visa officer discretion. They can rely on photographs in such cases or can ask to repeat. Mostly fingerprints issue is either due to temporary injury or at times kind of permanent issue.
Hi Please educate me on this topic. I have received biometric repeat request 2 times. Considering original one I gave biometrics 3 times overall . Can you please let me know what will be the next course of action.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hi Please educate me on this topic. I have received biometric repeat request 2 times. Considering original one I gave biometrics 3 times overall . Can you please let me know what will be the next course of action.
Before you go for biometrics, start applying any good hand cream like Glysomed and moisturize your hand well (start it at least two days back) then on the final day, apply the hand cream an hour ahead. So your hands won't be dry and the fingerprints will become clear (at least for my spouse it worked out)

Reactions: Holy Cow

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
You have any medical condition? If that is the case then i suggest you submit doctor letter

Reactions: Holy Cow

md3612

Jun 11, 2019
Hi,

My Name is Manish. i received BIL on Nov 16th and asked to give my biometrics in 30 days(before dec 17th). unfortunately due to high demand for biometrics appointments in India we are unable to get one before deadline. latest appointment i got is on Jan 4th, 2022.

VFS says that they will accept expired BIL as instructed by embassy, Delhi. I have sent extension request to IRCC and there is no update on my request.

I have below questions, can someone help me out in this helpless scenario.

1. if we directly walk-in to VFS, will we be able to give biometrics?

2. IRCC metioned that if we fail to give biometrics before deadline, they might refuse our application and we have reapply by paying the applicable fees. do we have to reapply the entire application or just for biometrics?

3. Will IRCC reject our application if we fail to submit our biometrics before deadline? Even though it is because of lack of appointments in VFS.

4. Can we give our Biometrics from different country like Srilanka, Dubai & Nepal? is it worth a try?

5. Does IRCC send a new BIL with extension of deadline if they accept our extension request.?

Kindly, give your response with any of your's or your acquaintances experiences.

BLACK SHIRT

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

My Name is Manish. i received BIL on Nov 16th and asked to give my biometrics in 30 days(before dec 17th). unfortunately due to high demand for biometrics appointments in India we are unable to get one before deadline. latest appointment i got is on Jan 4th, 2022.

VFS says that they will accept expired BIL as instructed by embassy, Delhi. I have sent extension request to IRCC and there is no update on my request.

I have below questions, can someone help me out in this helpless scenario.

1. if we directly walk-in to VFS, will we be able to give biometrics? I don't think it works that way, every countries VFS process this things differently.

2. IRCC metioned that if we fail to give biometrics before deadline, they might refuse our application and we have reapply by paying the applicable fees. do we have to reapply the entire application or just for biometrics? If you raise a webform mentioning the issue they will give you extension if the cause is legit.

3. Will IRCC reject our application if we fail to submit our biometrics before deadline? Even though it is because of lack of appointments in VFS. They will give extension if you raised through webform, there are less chances that it will get totally rejected. It will only be rejected if you do not do that intentionally.

4. Can we give our Biometrics from different country like Srilanka, Dubai & Nepal? is it worth a try? Should be able to do that as long as you have biometric letter.

5. Does IRCC send a new BIL with extension of deadline if they accept our extension request.? Yes, I assume that should be the way

Kindly, give your response with any of your's or your acquaintances experiences.

Please see my responses above and all the answers are given based on different forum discussions.