+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric not updated

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Hi, i have given my biometric on 16 march 2022 but it is still showing 'we need your fingerprints' although there is an enrollment number and expiration date of biometric is stated on the top right section, moreover my medical got updated on 29 march 2022. Can anyone advice me on how to face this issue.

Thanks.

pjml_lil1

Apr 3, 2022
Hi. I’m in the same situation. I have given my biometrics 21 March. No update ever since, even my medical is not yet reflected (did upfront). My spouse applying for OWP who have given biometrics with me had it completed on the same day. We are applying for SP+SOWP+VV.

Where are you applying from?

Hi, i have given my biometric on 16 march 2022 but it is still showing 'we need your fingerprints' although there is an enrollment number and expiration date of biometric is stated on the top right section, moreover my medical got updated on 29 march 2022. Can anyone advice me on how to face this issue.

Thanks.

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Hi. I’m in the same situation. I have given my biometrics 21 March. No update ever since, even my medical is not yet reflected (did upfront). My spouse applying for OWP who have given biometrics with me had it completed on the same day. We are applying for SP+SOWP+VV.

Where are you applying from?
have you tried raising a web form? when i enquired about this situation there are different reaponses like it will get updated automatically ,will get updated after you land,have to take a second biometric,will get updated when we raise a web form,will get updated when we receive ppr ,etc .So there is no exact answer it seems for this problem.

pjml_lil1

Apr 3, 2022
I sent a webform to ask about this since my spouse already had an updated biometrics. IRCC office in Manila replied saying that they have not received any info about my application and that it is still with case processing center in Ottawa or Edmonton. My understanding is that they will only be able to process the SP once biometrics are received (from IRCC website, SDS info). I read that they have biometrics and medical backlog, so updating might take time. Hope they don’t resend BIL and that they’re processing in parallel as I have read in most threads here.

have you tried raising a web form? when i enquired about this situation there are different reaponses like it will get updated automatically ,will get updated after you land,have to take a second biometric,will get updated when we raise a web form,will get updated when we receive ppr ,etc .So there is no exact answer it seems for this problem.

BhExpat_OWP

Nov 7, 2021

Thanks.
OWP here and same situation, my Biometrics were updated on the same day we had biometrics collection on 9th March 2022. While SP and Minor SP's Biometrics were updated after 9 days (18th March 2022), nothing to worry about.

Reactions: pjml_lil1

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
I sent a webform to ask about this since my spouse already had an updated biometrics. IRCC office in Manila replied saying that they have not received any info about my application and that it is still with case processing center in Ottawa or Edmonton. My understanding is that they will only be able to process the SP once biometrics are received (from IRCC website, SDS info). I read that they have biometrics and medical backlog, so updating might take time. Hope they don’t resend BIL and that they’re processing in parallel as I have read in most threads here.
i assume your medical is not updated.

sandy_can

Oct 20, 2015

Thanks.
I am in the same boat. Done with Biometric on 11th March 2022. It is updated in the 'Application details' section with an expiry date, but has not been marked completed. It is going to be 2 months now.

H.Ahmed

Apr 15, 2015
I am in the same boat. Done with Biometric on 11th March 2022. It is updated in the 'Application details' section with an expiry date, but has not been marked completed. It is going to be 2 months now.
@sandy_can Any updates, Iam facing the same issue we did it in January 2022 but still not appearing under the details section

pjml_lil1

Apr 3, 2022
Send a webform to update your bio with all the details found on the application details (bio number, enrollment, expiration etc.). I did this after 4 weeks passed. They replied in 2 weeks and updated it. I think SDS applications are taking longer due to delays in bio and medical.

sandy_can

Oct 20, 2015
Send a webform to update your bio with all the details found on the application details (bio number, enrollment, expiration etc.). I did this after 4 weeks passed. They replied in 2 weeks and updated it. I think SDS applications are taking longer due to delays in bio and medical.
Thanks, will follow the same.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
Call the visa center where you gave biometrics and confirm if they have properly uploaded your fingerprints. If yes, send a webform to IRCC.

raza321

Star Member
Feb 18, 2023

Thanks.
Di you get any feedback on that. Have your issue solved. please guide me. I have almost same case