+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric instruction extension expiry date?

Ganen Ratna

Jul 8, 2020
I have received admission for fall 2020.
I have applied for study permit online and received biometric instruction letter from IRCC on April 2020 which is going to expired on July 16, 2020.

I was scheduled for biometrics enrollment on April 28, but due to covid VAC closed. None of the visa centres in my country are open due to covid 19 situation until now.

Can I expect for extensions expiry date on my biometric instruction letter?
How to request for it?
Is anyone in the same situation?

-sending from Indonesia-

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I have received admission for fall 2020.
I have applied for study permit online and received biometric instruction letter from IRCC on April 2020 which is going to expired on July 16, 2020.

I was scheduled for biometrics enrollment on April 28, but due to covid VAC closed. None of the visa centres in my country are open due to covid 19 situation until now.

Can I expect for extensions expiry date on my biometric instruction letter?
How to request for it?
Is anyone in the same situation?

-sending from Indonesia-
Extension of biometrics deadline
No application will be refused or closed if you aren’t able to give your biometrics within the period indicated on your BIL. This applies to you, even if your BIL says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html