+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric for Visit Visa: Will It Work for Spousal Sponsorship Application?

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Hello everyone.

We applied for spousal sponsorship on August 30th (received September 6th) 2019.
After that we applied for visit visa and provided biometrics for it. Our visa wasn't accepted. And we have yet to receive AOR for spousal visa. Will our biometric done show up in the database or will we have to do it all over again for our spousal visa application?
I still have the biometric Stricker on my passport. Please advise.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hello everyone.

We applied for spousal sponsorship on August 30th (received September 6th) 2019.
After that we applied for visit visa and provided biometrics for it. Our visa wasn't accepted. And we have yet to receive AOR for spousal visa. Will our biometric done show up in the database or will we have to do it all over again for our spousal visa application?
You will be asked to do another biometric for PR application. Does not make sense but they have it separate for TRV and PR.

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Sorry but this just got a lot more confusing.

I received my AOR (Spousal visa) two days ago, and i connected my application to GCKey. It is currently showing my TRV biometric information in the Applicant Information section on the top right. Does this mean i won't have to give my biometric? Everyone is telling me conflicting things. Kindly help, if anyone can. :(

Reactions: Empsam

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi all,
TRV - biometrics for Trv is done one time whether your visa is refused or not you still do not need to redo it.If you are making a new TRV application it is still valid for 10 years
For permanent resident application for spousal application Outland you will need to redo biometrics as it’s totally different than the TRV biometrics even though you did it in the past regardless of past refused TRV application.

I am posting this comment based on my own experience and do not worry you are able to obtain a refund if you did biometrics twice for a TRV application as sometimes the visa office make mistakes .Hope it helps solve your query.

Reactions: qingyunlan

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Oh no I think you misunderstood me.

My TRV which I gave biometrics for was refused.

I connected my Spousal Visa Application to GCKey and in this application, my biometric information (which was given during TRV process) is showing under Applicant Information on the top right.

I am very confused :(

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hello everyone.

I did understand you yes your Biometrics will show up on your GC key account for the Biometrics you have taken .
Since you have applied for the spousal sponsorship application you will be requested to do redo it for permanent resident then they will reupdate the new Biometrics information on your GC key account .Keep TRV biometrics sticker safe

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
This is misinformation. You are exempt from doing bio again once you have pr application STILL IN PROCESS. If you did bio for visa, you do not need new bio for pr in process. It is on cic website on exempt, just scroll to the bottom and click on the hyperlink. I had that same question. I read it and called cic just to confirm. And my husband did not need to give bio again. He got approved for visa..and sponsorship with trv bio.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
This is misinformation. You are exempt from doing bio again once you have pr application STILL IN PROCESS. If you did bio for visa, you do not need new bio for pr in process. It is on cic website on exempt, just scroll to the bottom and click on the hyperlink. I had that same question. I read it and called cic just to confirm. And my husband did not need to give bio again. He got approved for visa..and sponsorship with trv bio.
If this is what you're referring to; temporary resident applicants who have already provided biometrics in support of a permanent resident application that is still in progress. It does not apply for this case. These is for someone who has a PR application in process and then applies for TRV (e.g. extensions).

You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

TRVs biometrics cannot be used for PR.