+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric for dependent child who is studying in canada

gabbi

May 6, 2022
When i was nominated by BC for provincial nomination my daughter was under 22 years of age. She was studying in Canada. Now in my EE GcKey account her name is not shown in dependent list for biometric and I did't receive BIL for her. How can I ensure that will she considered as dependent for my family PR

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When i was nominated by BC for provincial nomination my daughter was under 22 years of age. She was studying in Canada. Now in my EE GcKey account her name is not shown in dependent list for biometric and I did't receive BIL for her. How can I ensure that will she considered as dependent for my family PR
Was she under 22 when you applied for PR (Not nominated)? Nomination doesn’t lock in the date.

gabbi

May 6, 2022
Was she under 22 when you applied for PR (Not nominated)? Nomination doesn’t lock in the date.
Lock-in-date is considered when someone submit complete application for PNP. My daughter was under 22 when i got provincial nomination

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Age lock-in dateWhere to find this information
Date the province or territory receives the principal applicant’s complete nomination application, if received on or after August 1, 2014 (Copied from IRCC website )
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html
Correct. That is what I asked you. Not when you received the nomination but when you sent in your complete application. Your first post said nominated not applied. What date did apply after your nomination? What is birthdate of your daughter?

gabbi

May 6, 2022
Age lock-in dateWhere to find this information
Date the province or territory receives the principal applicant’s complete nomination application, if received on or after August 1, 2014 (Copied from IRCC website )
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

gabbi

May 6, 2022
Correct. That is what I asked you. Not when you received the nomination but when you sent in your complete application. Your first post said nominated not applied. What date did apply after your nomination? What is birthdate of your daughter?
DOB 20-08-1999 and I have applied in EE on 07 JAN 2022 after PNP approval

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
DOB 20-08-1999 and I have applied in EE on 07 JAN 2022 after PNP approval
She was 22 when you applied so she isn’t included in your application. The rule is under 22 so you needed to apply when she was 21. It means anyone that has not yet turned 22.

gabbi

May 6, 2022
She was 22 when you applied so she isn’t included in your application. The rule is under 22 so you needed to apply when she was 21. It means anyone that has not yet turned 22.
Age Lock-in date of a dependent child is calculated at the time of filing complete application for Provincial nomination and my daughter was under 22 when i did that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Age Lock-in date of a dependent child is calculated at the time of filing complete application for Provincial nomination and my daughter was under 22 when i did that
But you said above that you applied on January 7, 2022. That is the lock in date. She already was 22. She turned 22 last August.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your prompt response. But you did't understand the case at all
I understand but you don’t understand what lock-in date means. Your daughter is not eligible. You applied January 2022 and she is already 22 so she is not eligible. The lock in date is under 22, not the age of 22. So she needed to be 21 when you applied in January.

gabbi

May 6, 2022
I understand but you don’t understand what lock-in date means. Your daughter is not eligible. You applied January 2022 and she is already 22 so she is not eligible. The lock in date is under 22, not the age of 22. So she needed to be 21 when you applied in January.
Please understand that in case of PNP candidates lock-in-age is considered at the time of filing complete application by principle applicant. my daughter was under 22 when i filed the application for PNP.

gabbi

May 6, 2022
A child who is less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner at the time of “age lock-in” continues to be a dependent child even if they turn 22 during the processing of the application, as long as they are still unmarried and not in a common-law relationship when permanent residence is confirmed.27-May-2020