+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric fees asked again

anub

Jul 17, 2018
I got AOR of my spousal sponsorship application, further a request to get my medical exam done. Alongwithi got another mail from IRCC, where they have sent a PDF mentioning that i need to pay my biometric fees within a month from today. I had paid biometric fee when i applied for visitor visa and got a proof from cic website showing that with this UCI my biometrics is paid, i attached this proof in my application.
What to do ? I tried calling on their contact numbers but all in vain. Do i need to repay it?

Folks, please help!

Zambezi

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You can't use biometrics submitted from a visitor visa for a PR application. A PR/spousal sponsorship application requires new biometrics to be completed. You will need to pay the $85 and submit your biometrics again.

"Permanent residence applicants: You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application." https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Reactions: anub

anub

Jul 17, 2018
Thankyou :)
You can't use biometrics submitted from a visitor visa for a PR application. A PR/spousal sponsorship application requires new biometrics to be completed. You will need to pay the $85 and submit your biometrics again.

"Permanent residence applicants: You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application." https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

gta88

Jun 30, 2018

What if the 1st PR application is refused? Does the person have to give biometrics again with 2nd PR application?

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I got AOR of my spousal sponsorship application, further a request to get my medical exam done. Alongwithi got another mail from IRCC, where they have sent a PDF mentioning that i need to pay my biometric fees within a month from today. I had paid biometric fee when i applied for visitor visa and got a proof from cic website showing that with this UCI my biometrics is paid, i attached this proof in my application.
What to do ? I tried calling on their contact numbers but all in vain. Do i need to repay it?

Folks, please help!
It takes that if you have a pr application still in process then you are exempt from doing bio again...once you already did for tvr. Just click on the hyperlink for exempt and its right at the bottom.