+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric exemption for PR applicants with previous biometrics on file

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NEW COVID related Public policy came into effect on September 10, 2020, and was operationalized on September 22, 2020 (TODAY).
It remains in effect until it is revoked by the Minister.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

Cliff notes:
Foreign nationals are exempt from the biometrics collection requirement whether inside or outside Canada if they have both

• a pending or new application for permanent residence
  • previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application
"IRCC recognizes the impact this ongoing service disruption is having on applicants in and outside Canada. Therefore, until further notice, permanent residence applicants are exempt from the requirement to provide new biometrics in support of their application for permanent residence, as long as they’ve given their biometrics in support of an application within the last 10 years."

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi, does this also apply for students who have given biometrics and have submitted a PR application ?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

magicsoul

May 31, 2019
That's such a relief! That probably explains why they even added my previous TRV biometric to my EE profile since some months ago!

Reactions: nyiable

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
If anyone received updates on the PR application with regards to biometrics exemption - please update here. Thanks!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi shomaro. me and my wife did biometrics last week. This we are about to complete and submit our application for express entry. The question about biometrics if we have done it before? shall I answer it yes?

For the biometrics you did last week, is that attached to a visa/permit application of IRCC? If yes then you can answer yes and provide the detailed information of that biometrics (IRCC No., etc.)

Mtimoteo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
For the biometrics you did last week, is that attached to a visa/permit application of IRCC? If yes then you can answer yes and provide the detailed information of that biometrics (IRCC No., etc.)
yes it was for a work permit application. I asked vfs however but then they said biometrics for PR is different but then I check IRCC and it shows this new guidelines. So I'm not sure which I will follow.. So then I put yes then put our UCI number, right? thanks

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
yes it was for a work permit application. I asked vfs however but then they said biometrics for PR is different but then I check IRCC and it shows this new guidelines. So I'm not sure which I will follow.. So then I put yes then put our UCI number, right? thanks
Your biometrics for the work permit is now valid for PR application, see IRCC website. The VFS staff may not be informed of these new issues. Note that VFS is usually private companies that are authorized by IRCC to help them organize/deliver the documents. They are totally different to IRCC.