Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
hello guys.. . I applied for my moms visa a month ago and received biometric letter the very next day after submitting the visa application online. There was a name error in biometric letter and vac office did not accept it when she went for biometric. I sent case specific inquiry thrice so far but no reply from Delhi visa office. Please advise.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello guys.. . I applied for my moms visa a month ago and received biometric letter the very next day after submitting the visa application online. There was a name error in biometric letter and vac office did not accept it when she went for biometric. I sent case specific inquiry thrice so far but no reply from Delhi visa office. Please advise.
The name in the BIL must match the name in her passport. VAC/VFS will not allow the biometrics to be given if this is not the case.

Do email NDVO + reference your specific inquiries + request for a new BIL (new 30-days submission deadline) should be issued

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
The name in the BIL must match the name in her passport. VAC/VFS will not allow the biometrics to be given if this is not the case.

Do email NDVO + reference your specific inquiries + request for a new BIL (new 30-days submission deadline) should be issued

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
Thanks Bryanna for your reply. Much appreciated. So I guess will just wait for new BIL ? I had sent case specific inquiry to NDVO and only received email received notification no update on my inquiry. 1 month deadline passed on 8th Feb.

Last edited:

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
My moms visa got rejected and the reasons being ‘under paragraph 41(a) of IRPA: through an act of omission that contravene, directly or indirectly a provision of this Act’
Any insight on this. I tired to google but still not able to understand.
They asked me to reapply. Do they issue refund or I have to pay again for the visa.
Please advise

setumehta

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hi Brayanna or Candaset ,

I want to apply for visitor visa for family as I have a wedding in May in canada. However I cannot show that on invitation letter because Me and my husband are already married on paper for five years now and this iwedding is only the rituals one.
What other reason I can give to officer for Inviting so many people in canada all together. I have to call My family and my husband's family. We do not have any upcoming birthdays or anniversary.
I saw you guys really reply well to everybody so please help in this situation if you can.

Thank you

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015

I want to apply for visitor visa for family as I have a wedding in May in canada. However I cannot show that on invitation letter because Me and my husband are already married on paper for five years now and this iwedding is only the rituals one.
What other reason I can give to officer for Inviting so many people in canada all together. I have to call My family and my husband's family. We do not have any upcoming birthdays or anniversary.
I saw you guys really reply well to everybody so please help in this situation if you can.

Thank you
I wish i could answer your query.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My moms visa got rejected and the reasons being ‘under paragraph 41(a) of IRPA: through an act of omission that contravene, directly or indirectly a provision of this Act’
Any insight on this. I tired to google but still not able to understand.
They asked me to reapply. Do they issue refund or I have to pay again for the visa.
Please advise
Unfortunately, your mom has been refused for 'non-compliance with the Act'. This means she failed to give her biometrics which was necessary to process her visa application.

You would need to apply from scratch again. You will need to pay for the visa fees and biometrics.

When you fill her form, do check/recheck that the information/names matches the bio pages of her passport

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Thank you
You can include any evidence of your traditional wedding ceremony such as booking the venue, temple priest, florists, etc

Rumbi

Mar 22, 2017

Thank you
Hi

I’m in the same situation. I have been married to my husband on paper for over a year now but we are going to have our wedding this year in april. I’m in the process of applying for my parents’ supervisa. They passed their medicals just waiting for background checks and final decision.

You might have to just tell the truth and explain that you didn’t have the money then because everyone knows that weddings are expensive. And you are definitely not the first couple to do a civil marriage certificate first then wedding later. Provide all the supporting documents, confirmation from the venue, receipts of what you have paid for so far.

You might want to apply for the most important family members like your parents first before everyone else especially if you are sponsoring them.

I’m not an expert but sometimes all you need is to be truthful , build up a strong case and have faith. Share your story with the visa officer, do a cover letter that explains why you couldn’t have a wedding then and why you are choosing to have the wedding here in Canada instead of traveling back home to where both families are.

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
Unfortunately, your mom has been refused for 'non-compliance with the Act'. This means she failed to give her biometrics which was necessary to process her visa application.

You would need to apply from scratch again. You will need to pay for the visa fees and biometrics.

When you fill her form, do check/recheck that the information/names matches the bio pages of her passport
Thanks Bryanna..
biometric was refused due to error in the name. I sent case specific query to visa office with updated visa form and request to sent revised biometric letter. I guess they did not accept it hence rejected the application.

I will reapply again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna..
biometric was refused due to error in the name. I sent case specific query to visa office with updated visa form and request to sent revised biometric letter. I guess they did not accept it hence rejected the application.

I will reapply again.
You could email your mom's local visa office to ask for a refund. As processing did not start, they might refund the fees paid for the previous application

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
You could email your mom's local visa office to ask for a refund. As processing did not start, they might refund the fees paid for the previous application
Thanks Bryanna.. I will send them an email and seek refund.

JAJ_lavie

Oct 3, 2018
I have applied for a PR. I had a name change which I had informed in the Letter of Explanation when I applied and submitted all required supporting documents. But they issued the Biometric Letter in the old name, due to which my biometric was not done. I wrote to IRCC, NDVO but have not received any reply. I am not able to reach anyone on phone either. Your reply has given some hope that I can still get my PR done.
Do I need to start my PR process again right from scratch i.e. getting an ITA et al? Will I have to pay the visa & biometric fees again? Appreciate if you can shed more light on my query.

Olli2016

May 16, 2019
Hi @Bryanna
I received my biometrics confirmation letter on my account however it doesn’t have my name on it. It was addressed to my wife who did her biometrics on the same day with me. I also received a refusal letter but her name is on that also. What does this mean? She hasn’t received any updates on her application as yet. Will this affect her application? Was she refused and not me but if so why is it appearing on my account with my UCI and application number? What to do?