+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric - does spouse also need to do it?

jackiee

Nov 21, 2018
Hi ,

I have received my the biometric instruction letter yesterday , according to which i need to go to visa application center and give my biometric details.

As i have applied for the PR as primary applicant , my wife being the dependent applicant , does she need to give her biometrics too?

Nothing is mentioned in the letter regarding this , hence the query.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Hi ,

I have received my the biometric instruction letter yesterday , according to which i need to go to visa application center and give my biometric details.

As i have applied for the PR as primary applicant , my wife being the dependent applicant , does she need to give her biometrics too?

Yes she has to gv the Biometric as i am also a dependent in pr application I received the letter for Biometric under my name.Check your Gc key there will be a letter under her name

jackiee

Nov 21, 2018
No, i have received only i letter which has been addressed to me , i havent received anything addressed to my wife. Hence the confusion. So will both of us be able to give our biometrics based on this letter ?

Yes she has to gv the Biometric as i am also a dependent in pr application I received the letter for Biometric under my name.Check your Gc key there will be a letter under her name

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
No, i have received only i letter which has been addressed to me , i havent received anything addressed to my wife. Hence the confusion. So will both of us be able to give our biometrics based on this letter ?
Both will be required to complete biometrics. What’s your AOR if you don’t mind?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello , Even I am in the same boat. I applied for Visitor Visa for my dad and mom. Dad being the primary applicant. We only received Biometric instruction letter addressed to my dad. We didnt receive letter for my mom. Anyone who has been in such situation , pls advice

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi ,

Is she accompanying you?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I have different problem. My wife is not accompanying me. Does she need to provide biometric? They have taken only 85$ and letter mentioned only my name.
She doesn’t need to do biometrics

nikhilsigma

Jun 13, 2019
Hi ,

I am having the same problem, I got a request letter only for me, how to get request letter for my wife?
PLEASE HELP..

Rajagula

Apr 17, 2018
I am also sailing on same boat , My wife who is primary candidate got BIL on 24 May and given her biometric on 1 june, however i have wrote email and raise web form regarding my (depedent BIL) but no luck.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I am in the same boat, mine Biometric request came in on Sep 24, but nothing for my spouse. I would appreciate if any of you share some light on how did you fix this problem?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I had a similar issue. My spouse is primary applicant and a BIL was issue for PA.
Our account got updated about a week letter with a biometrics request letter for me (accompanying spouse) as well as a new letter for my spouse

Holluwasean

Nov 8, 2019
I had a similar issue. My spouse is primary applicant and a BIL was issue for PA.
Our account got updated about a week letter with a biometrics request letter for me (accompanying spouse) as well as a new letter for my spouse
So, it means I too can rest assured there will be a second letter? Just got mine this morning. I am PA, but not letter for my darling wife

Mahee595

Jul 25, 2022
Hi,

I have a different issue ,
Hi,

I recived a PNP nomination from province alberta and recived ITA as well. I already included my spose in the PNP and PR application and recived AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) May 2022.

After receiving the AOR i had to make my spouse as Non-accompany to canada with me due to some personal matters. And i raised a webform 1 month after the AOR (June 2022) by mentioning my spouse will not accompanying with me and waited for the (BIL) biometrics invitation letter. But i received biometrics request today (26th July 2022) for both of us.

What should i do now? Please advice