+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Data Sharing Process explained, lots of misconception here about this to people

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
People here think that when u apply to Canada all the info u gave when it comes to US embassy is displayed on their database, this is true for student visa perhaps but not for Canada PR.

The reason for sharing this data is primarily to improve security and regulate criminal activities in FCC countries as well as to track suspected terrorists and criminals who intend to avoid legal prosecution. However, the request must meet a certain criteria such as evidence that the person had travelled from one of the FCC countries or had previously been arrested in one of the FCC countries before it can be submitted to another member country. Further, it is important to note that no information is shared about the individual in question unless there is a positive match of the person's fingerprints.

What is the Biometric Data Sharing Process?
There is an upper limit of 3,000 fingerprints to be shared between member countries, according to the HVDS protocol. Definitive proof of either:

• Person in Question to have travelled from one of the FCC countries, or
  • The said person's arrest in one of the FCC countries
Authorities of the FCC countries request this information. If deemed valid, the biological data of the individual is officially shared. The shared data includes:

• Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Country of Origin and Nationality
  • Information from the visa application
  • The status of the individual i.e. refugee or resident
  • The duration of an individuals stay in an FCC country along with visa applications
  • Criminal records (have to be verified by the BCMT before being shared)

Reactions: Arashm0049

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
People here think that when u apply to Canada all the info u gave when it comes to US embassy is displayed on their database, this is true for student visa perhaps but not for Canada PR.

The reason for sharing this data is primarily to improve security and regulate criminal activities in FCC countries as well as to track suspected terrorists and criminals who intend to avoid legal prosecution. However, the request must meet a certain criteria such as evidence that the person had travelled from one of the FCC countries or had previously been arrested in one of the FCC countries before it can be submitted to another member country. Further, it is important to note that no information is shared about the individual in question unless there is a positive match of the person's fingerprints.

What is the Biometric Data Sharing Process?
There is an upper limit of 3,000 fingerprints to be shared between member countries, according to the HVDS protocol. Definitive proof of either:

• Person in Question to have travelled from one of the FCC countries, or
  • The said person's arrest in one of the FCC countries
Authorities of the FCC countries request this information. If deemed valid, the biological data of the individual is officially shared. The shared data includes:

• Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Country of Origin and Nationality
  • Information from the visa application
  • The status of the individual i.e. refugee or resident
  • The duration of an individuals stay in an FCC country along with visa applications
  • Criminal records (have to be verified by the BCMT before being shared)
Hi
I am not sure if that been stil monitored., but I had my info sharing in process for 4 months, it had type- FCC details/Biometeric in the gcms notes
I never thought it take that long or maybe the file was just forgotten

Thx

Reactions: Melkg

Melkg

Jun 10, 2020
Kazakhstan
Category........
BUSINESS
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
Hi
I am not sure if that been stil monitored., but I had my info sharing in process for 4 months, it had type- FCC details/Biometeric in the gcms notes
I never thought it take that long or maybe the file was just forgotten

Thx
Similar situation, waiting since July 2020. Seems IRCC just forgotten about my file. Any progress with your case?