+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric confusion

Olivaviola

Jun 13, 2019
Hello,
I had applied for visitor's visa from India for a family of 3 (dad, mom and I) from my dad's account.. After uploading documents, the fee showed 470 CAD (300 for 3 applications.. and 170 for biometric for a family of 2/more), which I paid. Now the biometric requests for my father and mother have come, although for me they've asked to pay the biometric fee and then proceed. I don't understand because the entire amount that was asked on the site was paid.
Can someone help me with this?? Shall I wait for an update? Or shall I go ahead and pay??
In case I need to pay, what's the procedure and where to upload receipt of the same as my application was submitted through my dad's account..
Thanks in advance.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
How old are you? If you are below 22 years and unmarried you do not need to pay for biometrics for yourself. You have been charged biometrics fees @ 85*2=170 CAD for your mother and father. If you don't meet the above mentioned criteria then pay the biometrics.fee of 85 CAD online and scan and upload the receipt using the GCKey.account . using upload document option

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

How old are you? If you are below 22 years and unmarried you do not need to pay for biometrics for yourself. You have been charged biometrics fees @ 85*2=170 CAD for your mother and father. If you don't meet the above mentioned criteria then pay the biometrics.fee of 85 CAD online and scan and upload the receipt using the GCKey.account . using upload document option
1. Actually everyone from 14 to 79 requires biometrics "All travellers between the ages of 14 and 79 must provide biometric information, except in asylum cases, for which there is no upper age limit." From IRCC

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi

1. Actually everyone from 14 to 79 requires biometrics "All travellers between the ages of 14 and 79 must provide biometric information, except in asylum cases, for which there is no upper age limit." From IRCC
I never ever implied that the OP was exempt from providing.biometrics just that if the application was made together as a family then OP would have to pay a max fees.of..CAD 170 for biometrics.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/Service_and_Service_Charge.html