+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric collection

huntkey

Apr 27, 2014
I am asking this for my cousin. She is applying for a PR for her parents. Her parents also have valid visitor visa. They are coming shortly under that visa and suddenly she got a letter to collect the biometric (fingerprints I would assume) and there might not be enough time to get it before the travel. The letter says clearly that to get it before coming. Should we be worried? Thanks.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I am asking this for my cousin. She is applying for a PR for her parents. Her parents also have valid visitor visa. They are coming shortly under that visa and suddenly she got a letter to collect the biometric (fingerprints I would assume) and there might not be enough time to get it before the travel. The letter says clearly that to get it before coming. Should we be worried? Thanks.
They must get it done in their home country before coming as that can't be done here in Canada. They will again have to go out of the country to get that done somewhere else which in my opinion is unnecessary. Also there is a timeline associated with this which is usually 30 days from receiving the request and they should get it done within this time.