+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Appointment - India (Dec 2020)

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

I received my BIL 2 weeks ago. I am a single applicant for PR from Bangalore, India. However, I have been unable to book an appointment via the web form. I haven't received replies to the emails that I have sent to VFS (only automated replies) and haven't been able to reach anyone at the VFS by telephone.

Is there anyone in India who is facing the same problem?

If not, what must we enter under "Application number 1" on the web form?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
hello Nihal, have you got any update from VFS?
Nothing official via email.

I had gone to the Biometric appointment place in Bangalore. They told me to wait and check on the website till it becomes available for single PR applicants and then apply for an appointment. They also told me that the deadline does not matter since they are not entertaining our appointments in the first place. They need permission from the High Commission to start allowing people other than students and families for biometrics.

If you want, you can go to the Biometric place. There will be VFS employees at the gate itself to answer any such queries.

Jazzmeet

Aug 12, 2018
Does anyone have an idea that when will biometrics for PR candidates in India will open???
Also can we give biometrics in any other country or is it necessary to give it in India only if the country of citizenship is India??

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
The following has been updated on the VFS website -

Effective 20 January 2021, Canada visa applicants who have submitted applications for categories of student (SP) and family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP), Work permit (WP), Returning Students & workers can enrol biometrics at Canada Visa Applications Centres in India. ** Returning Students and returning Workers will need to book an appointment using their old study and work permit documents instead of the BILs.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
what about express entry candidates???
There has been no update yet about PR applicants. People falling in only SP, FCP and WP classes of visa are entertained for biometrics now.

It is tough. My BIL expires on March 1, but the CIC website has said that the deadline does not matter.

I have even gone to a VFS and spoken to their employees and even they said that the deadline does not matter. They have go wait for permission from the High Commission to start allowing other classes of visa for biometrics.

Hope this helps.

Jazzmeet

Aug 12, 2018
There has been no update yet about PR applicants. People falling in only SP, FCP and WP classes of visa are entertained for biometrics now.

It is tough. My BIL expires on March 1, but the CIC website has said that the deadline does not matter.

I have even gone to a VFS and spoken to their employees and even they said that the deadline does not matter. They have go wait for permission from the High Commission to start allowing other classes of visa for biometrics.

Hope this helps.
Ok. Thank you.
I just wish they will soon do something about PR candidates as well.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Myself and spouse received BIL last month and we are waiting for VAC to give appointments for PR applicants. Our daughter did not receive BIL because she was under 14 when we got BIL. She is completing 14 next month. Will IRCC ask her to give biometrics later? Can we ask IRCC to issue BIL for daughter also so that she can complete biometrics along with us?

mandeep85

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Does anyone have an idea that when will biometrics for PR candidates in India will open???
Also can we give biometrics in any other country or is it necessary to give it in India only if the country of citizenship is India??
i also want to know this...