+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric appointment in India during Covid.

syed38101

Oct 19, 2018
Hello all. I am applying for a visit visa for my parents. I see that the VFS offices for biometric enrollment and application submission are closed. There are no open dates listed on the website, none at all. Can anyone please let me know what is the current situation with biometric collection is, and if there is any alternate procedure for biometrics ? Is no biometrics being done in India due to covid ?

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to register for biometrics appointment for work permit application for my spouse, he already got the BIL in march for this. when we tried to register for the biometrics, it says they only accept the Family class priority and study permit. Doesn't spouse work permit comes under family category?

Regards,
Harika

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to register for biometrics appointment for work permit application for my spouse, he already got the BIL in march for this. when we tried to register for the biometrics, it says they only accept the Family class priority and study permit. Doesn't spouse work permit comes under family category?

Regards,
Harika
Sadly it doesnt. They are only accepting requests for PR applications of Spouse, dependents and children.

mdureja1

Jul 7, 2015
Hi, I was trying to book a biometric enrollment appointment for my parents, but the web form only allows to enter one applicant with an application number. How do I book them both together?
Thanks in advance

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
VFS centres are closed. Hence no in person appointments can happen right now. I am in the same boat and following the below twitter handle to get more information.

Also some people are going to other countries like Dubai to submit biometrics.
Yeah people are travelling to other countries to submit Biometrics. Not sure how many can follow that path though.

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
We applied for my wife's open work permit application from India. She got her biometrics done from Dubai. Is IRCC processing work permit applications from India? If yes, how much time is it actually taking to get a decision after getting the biometrics done?

mandeep85

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
I am trying to register for biometrics appointment for Canada PR file start with EP number application for my wife and me. when we tried to register for the biometrics, it says they only accept the Family class priority and study permit.

Gurveer81006

Dec 12, 2020
We applied for my wife's open work permit application from India. She got her biometrics done from Dubai. Is IRCC processing work permit applications from India? If yes, how much time is it actually taking to get a decision after getting the biometrics done?
Hi Harry i applied for spouse open work for my husband.He had done his biometrics in 2019.We are still waiting for response