+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BILL C24 IN FULL EFFECT FROM JUNE 11 2015

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
Ok so this is my question. If you decided to travel around the world or decided to go back to your country and not come back for a certain time can they revoke your passport? Or are they doing this just for terrorism reasons? I want to be free to travel where ever and when i want to! i donot care how many years to wait for but once i have it i need to be free that is my only concern.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ottomancan said:
Ok so this is my question. If you decided to travel around the world or decided to go back to your country and not come back for a certain time can they revoke your passport? Or are they doing this just for terrorism reasons? I want to be free to travel where ever and when i want to! i donot care how many years to wait for but once i have it i need to be free that is my only concern.
You are free to travel anywhere in the world as a canadian citizen. No one is stopping you. Your citizenship will not be revoked unless you got involved in terrorism. If you are dual, you will likely lose your Canadian citizenship once you are CONVICTED in the court of law first. If you are not dual, your citizenship will not be stripped however your passport can be revoked. Losing citizenship is not the same as losing passport.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
screech339 said:
You are free to travel anywhere in the world as a canadian citizen. No one is stopping you. Your citizenship will not be revoked unless you got involved in terrorism. If you are dual, you will likely lose your Canadian citizenship once you are CONVICTED in the court of law first. If you are not dual, your citizenship will not be stripped however your passport can be revoked. Losing citizenship is not the same as losing passport.
Spot on best explanation in the thread!

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottomancan said:
Ok so this is my question. If you decided to travel around the world or decided to go back to your country and not come back for a certain time can they revoke your passport?
Short answer: NO .

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you are a citizen, you can live wherever you want to. This my friend, is called "Mobility Rights". It can be a question in your test!

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eeeh.. Relax all who are nagging :p.. it took me 14 years from Immigration application to Citizenship. Had to fly to another province to pass the language test as by then the language rule became strict and everybody flocked to test centers... some friends are still waiting with RQs for 4 years.. but it is rewarding.. regardless of the money you spend and time.. once you travel around and feel part of Canada you say, I did it.. and love the achievement.
Canada still has the fastest path to citizenship..