+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6, Messages between the HoC and the Senate, FACTS ONLY

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
C-16 voting completed. C-6 discussed now. Senator Jaffer speaking.

OMG senator Jaffer is speaking about woman, islam, and head scarf.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Indeed. The fact for now is: They are debating C-6. More updates later.

Reactions: m81

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, great news: They are voting on C-6 TODAY.

They just had the voice vote which sounded in favour. They will have the roll call at 5:12pm.

I repeat. Bill C-6 will become law at 5:12pm today.

This is not a drill.
Will royal assent happen today? As far as I know some bills are still awaiting royal assent although they are eligible to be laws.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Will royal assent happen today? As far as I know some bills are still awaiting royal assent although they are eligible to be laws.
There is a big royal assent ceremony planned before the summer break, where the Governor General actually comes to the Senate in person. He will then take a seat on the throne. The bill will then be brought before him (literally, the physical bill) and he will then nod his head once. That's all it takes.

It's a rather elaborate ceremony that is done about once a year.

This is, by the way, the reason, why several bills are piling up in the "Awaiting Royal Assent" section on Legisinfo. Normally he would just sign them into law, but they are intentionally piling things up for the ceremony.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
There is a big royal assent ceremony planned before the summer break, where the Governor General actually comes to the Senate in person. He will then take a seat on the throne. The bill will then be brought before him (literally, the physical bill) and he will then nod his head once. That's all it takes.

It's a rather elaborate ceremony that is done about once a year.

This is, by the way, the reason, why several bills are piling up in the "Awaiting Royal Assent" section on Legisinfo. Normally he would just sign them into law, but they are intentionally piling things up for the ceremony.
That is the reason for:
No. 110. By the Honourable Senator Bellemare:

June 14, 2017— That photographers and camera operators be authorized in the Senate Chamber to photograph and videotape the next Royal Assent ceremony, with the least possible disruption of the proceedings.​

There will be nice photo session in the parliament.

raisemyrent

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
it wasn't until I read he that I remembered who our GG is. I'm used to it being a she and for some reason every time I had read it up until now, I was picturing Ms Jean!! I argued with someone over how long ago something had happened earlier today, and i was basing it on it being 2013! old age!