https://multiculturalmeanderings.wordpress.com/category/citizenship/c-6/

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
subha_1962 said:
Cons are 39 members, why they only get 28 vote usually

regarding amendments, sen jaffer mentioned that 2 more amendments to come
residence - defeated
revocation - 2 May

According to my knowledge amendments that can be introduced should be related to bill clauses only, they can not add new clauses.

Dont quote me its facts only ;D

Hope its the last amendment

Yesterday vote was a very good sign for c6

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
monalisa said:
Cons are 39 members, why they only get 28 vote usually

regarding amendments, sen jaffer mentioned that 2 more amendments to come
residence - defeated
revocation - 2 May

According to my knowledge amendments that can be introduced should be related to bill clauses only, they can not add new clauses.

Dont quote me its facts only ;D

Hope its the last amendment

Yesterday vote was a very good sign for c6

She just tweeted that no more amendments are there and the terrorism amendment will be the last. However, a lot of work is needed to make c6 a law.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
wolfpack27616 said:
Thanks for the summary. Could you modify your post and change the date to April 13? Thanks!
Thanks. Done

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hello,

First of all i really like this thread as it gives upto date and to the point information, only facts, no opinions.

I have a question with regards to bill c-6 - once the bill receives Royal Assent does this mean that it is now the law and that all applicants can now submit their applications under these new rules? Or do we need to wait for the cic website to be updated with new forms and new rules/guidelines?

The reason i ask is c-24 received Royal Assent in June 2014 however it only came into effect sometime in April 2015 i believe.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Weltmeister said:
Hello,

First of all i really like this thread as it gives upto date and to the point information, only facts, no opinions.

I have a question with regards to bill c-6 - once the bill receives Royal Assent does this mean that it is now the law and that all applicants can now submit their applications under these new rules? Or do we need to wait for the cic website to be updated with new forms and new rules/guidelines?

The reason i ask is c-24 received Royal Assent in June 2014 however it only came into effect sometime in April 2015 i believe.
Please use the following thread for discussion
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c6-senate-stage-t461681.1455.html

After the bill receives royal ascent, it does not mean everyone can apply under the new rules rightaway. Have to wait for CIC to implement it and release new forms. It is expected to be implemented soon (few months) after Royal Ascent.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Weltmeister said:
Hello,

This question is answered in my initial post under the question
"OK so once this bill becomes law, all the new rules apply immediately, right?"

So just have a look there, that should answer your question.

amk76

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks spyfy...

Whats your analysis now? There have been 10 sitting for the 3rd reading - any chance still that this becomes a law by 1st July? Also do you think implementation of the 3 year rule will be delayed?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk76 said:
Thanks spyfy...

Whats your analysis now? There have been 10 sitting for the 3rd reading - any chance still that this becomes a law by 1st July? Also do you think implementation of the 3 year rule will be delayed?
Any answer to these questions would be pure speculation, so better take the discussion to the other thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c6-senate-stage-t461681.4710.html .

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Senator Ratna Omidvar's Tweet @ 5.05 AM today:

https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/859378228670214144

Debate on Bill C-6 resumes tmrw & hopefully a vote happen this week. Listen in http://ow.ly/tdMJ30blkK8 #SenCa #cdnimm #cdnpoli

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Well, hello hello hello, and welcome back to Episode no. ???? (I stopped counting) of our Senate bingewatching party.

May 2, 2017 - what will happen today

- As of right now, the Senate is discussing Senator Lang's amendment regarding citizenship revocation for terrorists.
- Around 3:30, Ahmed Hussen, the Minister for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, will come to the chamber at the request of the Conservative caucus where he is expected to be asked questions about this amendmend.
- Most likely, Senators will vote either today or tomorrow on this amendment. It can be expected that it will be again by a roll call.
- Currently, there are no hints regarding another amendment coming up. So this might (might!) be the last amendment to deal with which means that they will finally get back to discussing bill C-6 in it's third reading.

This means under the most ideal circumstances, they will vote on third reading tomorrow and - if it passes - send it back to the HoC. However these are the ideal circumstances. It might very well be that there are additional delays due to more amendments we haven't heard of or simply due to Senate scheduling. But it seems safe to say that this is a matter of days.

I also want to recall that there is a non-binding agreement between the Senators to finish this bill by tomorrow, May 3rd.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
@spyfy
any updates since your last post. was not able to listen in today

thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yup, I'll write a report. Give me five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.