+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6, current status, FACTS only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
spyfy said:
Due to other things that came up today I didn't have the chance to listen to today's audio.

Since there seems to be some confusion on what exactly has been voted on today, maybe check the journal and debates as soon as they are published (that usually takes about a day or so)
https://sencanada.ca/en/in-the-chamber/journals
https://sencanada.ca/en/in-the-chamber/debates

Also, here is a random collection of things I don't want to see in this thread:
"If this bill is passed, the conservatives will not win the next election."
"The fact is that bill C 6 will not see light at all"
"This is politics, you do not know what politics means. Art of lying"

There is a whole thread where you can unload all those speculations/debates/trolling moments. Again, the spirit of this thread is just to keep everyone updated about factual things and not to have another debate thread. Many people in this thread seem to agree with my idea. Please honour that request. Thank you.

So you mean it will never pass

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Need Canadian Pr said:
So you mean it will never pass
Huh? No. I just quoted some other posts as examples for speculation, debate and opinion.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
still i trust this bill will pass

my be by end of 2017

or by June of 2018

that is my hope
wow- did you even read what spyfy wrote?

edit: I don't wish to target you specifically. This thread's OP created the thread to keep this just for facts and updates regarding Bill C6. Not to discuss or debate about our hopes, fears and consequences about the Bill.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
still i trust this bill will pass

my be by end of 2017

or by June of 2018

that is my hope
This thread is for FACTS only. Try the other one for speculation.

Zoma

Mar 31, 2017
;)Great job spyfy!!! Can you please update what will happen on Tuesday?, are they going to vote on Am, then #C6 on another day?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Zoma said:
;)Great job spyfy!!! Can you please update what will happen on Tuesday?, are they going to vote on Am, then #C6 on another day?
No one knows for sure. The expectation, according to tweets by Senator Jaffer, is that they will vote on the amendments on tuesday. If that passes, they will start debate of the entire bill. No point in speculating how long that will take in this thread.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
This is what happened on Tuesday and Thursday, the two days the bill got debated:
- Several Senators spoke in favour and against the amendment
- One of those speakers was the government representative in the Senate whose words could be summarized by "as said before, the Minister is open for suggested amendments, but I can't give feedback on this particular amendment yet"
- A senator suggested to amend the amendment (you read that right) that the "notice of revocation" doesn't have to be a written notice.

On Tuesday, they will vote on this "subamendment". They decided on that already. They might (!) also vote on the whole amendment, but that's not sure. Afterwards, there will be a debate on the whole bill for third reading which will take several sessions probably.

More importantly though, and this is a remarkable change in process that happened on Thursday, several senators that are opposing this bill were trying to adjourn the debate (one of them said "I didn't have time to prepare my notes, can we please adjourn" although they just had a one hour break :) ) and even to adjourn the Senate as a whole until Tuesday. They had counted votes on these adjournments, three times. In all three cases the adjournments were defeated. This is a significant change from second reading where debate was adjourned by request of a senator unanimously every single time. It suggests that there is a majority in the Senate that wants to proceed with this bill and not delay it further.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
New to this thread. Does it look like it is going to pass soon if at all? Any speculation on the timing of implementation?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
dbss said:
New to this thread. Does it look like it is going to pass soon if at all? Any speculation on the timing of implementation?
We are not allowed to speculate on timing in this thread...as the post suggests its "Facts Only"...with that said, there are other active threads with lots of speculations...but frankly speaking, any guess at this point wouldn't be of much value.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
When this bill will pass??? The answer to this question is for sure this year. Whether it happens before canada day or after but it would be this year. I am more worried abt the implementation of 3/4 rule, when would that be implemented

dbss said:

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
They are going to fight...they are determined. But more than their determination what is more highlighted is the weakness of the Libs and Inds.

Senator Linda Frum‏Verified account @LindaFrum

Senator Linda Frum Retweeted Senator Linda Frum

Update: Senate now adjourned til Tuesday. Point has been made clear to Libs that CPC caucus will fight for the right to full debate.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
subha_1962 said:
They are going to fight...they are determined. But more than their determination what is more highlighted is the weakness of the Libs and Inds.

Senator Linda Frum‏Verified account @LindaFrum

Senator Linda Frum Retweeted Senator Linda Frum

Update: Senate now adjourned til Tuesday. Point has been made clear to Libs that CPC caucus will fight for the right to full debate.
Ehm, that is severely misreading the situation.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the debate once, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the Senate, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the Senate again, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.

Afterwards, a CPC Senator tweets that a "point has been made that their caucus will fight for the right to full debate".

This is the equivalent of a football match ending 3:0 and the losing team tweeting "point has been made that our team will fight for the win".

Please read the full hansard, which is a much better source than Twitter:
https://sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/421/debates/107db_2017-03-30-e#39

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Lets see what happens on Tuesday, Tuesday is not far, but what is the the bill gets skipped for tuesday?

spyfy said:
Ehm, that is severely misreading the situation.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the debate once, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the Senate, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.
- The CPC tried to adjourn the Senate again, there was a vote by individual names. Their motion failed.

Afterwards, a CPC Senator tweets that a "point has been made that their caucus will fight for the right to full debate".

This is the equivalent of a football match ending 3:0 and the losing team tweeting "point has been made that our team will fight for the win".

Please read the full hansard, which is a much better source than Twitter:
https://sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/421/debates/107db_2017-03-30-e#39

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
proudian said:
Lets see what happens on Tuesday, Tuesday is not far, but what is the the bill gets skipped for tuesday?
Then it gets skipped the next day or not. No one knows for sure and this is not the thread for speculations. You might want to ask in the other thread where they entertain such questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.