+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biggest Mistake and regret - Please help

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
hello all

i am extremely worried and i think i have made a mistake. please advise me because may be i am worrying unnecessarily.

got Aor 2 weeks ago and passed medicals. application is currently in ip1.

my noc code is 1112 financial and investment analyst

now i am afraid that CIC might misunderstand one of the descriptions in the job letter that i provided from HR

i know job title does not matter but my title for the job was senior finance system analyst

under that one point of job description was:

"Production of business cases to support Hyperion software and resource investment decisions and designing forecasting spread sheets, variance analysis at Cost centre and directorate levels for senior management"

now this description clearly covers a lot of points in the noc 1112 because i was providing analysis recommendations by building business cases.

however i am worried that cic might misunderstand this statement and assume that "Production of business cases" is something to do with computer generated automation exercise that requires no analysis and recommendations

i should have elaborated it but i didnt want to copy the exact noc code description.

please help?

is "Production of business cases" self explanatory that i was providing analysis recommendations on investment projects or is it not? do i have to raise cse?

i think i made a mistake with the use of the word "production"

please help

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Well, I can tell you that you are stressing yourself over something which is not very significant.
If one point of your job description does not match (and not all roles and responsibilities need to match!) with the CIC's NOC, it will not matter much.
As long as the overall job description along with the roles and responsibilities are "IN LINE" with the CIC's NOC, you are good!

In short, NO, this will not cause any problem.
In the worst case, the case officer might ask you for clarification (very very unlikely!) and you can write a clarification.

Now, relax and don't kill yourself with this stress.

Reactions: JACKCHITRA123

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Well, I can tell you that you are stressing yourself over something which is not very significant.
If one point of your job description does not match (and not all roles and responsibilities need to match!) with the CIC's NOC, it will not matter much.
As long as the overall job description along with the roles and responsibilities are "IN LINE" with the CIC's NOC, you are good!

In short, NO, this will not cause any problem.
In the worst case, the case officer might ask you for clarification (very very unlikely!) and you can write a clarification.

Now, relax and don't kill yourself with this stress.

thanks for your support

can you please read that description above? i just looking for third party opinions

does production of business case self explanatory because it clearly means providing recommendations and analysis

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
thanks for your support

can you please read that description above? i just looking for third party opinions

does production of business case self explanatory because it clearly means providing recommendations and analysis
No, it is not self-explanatory.
The way I look at these things is, they do not need to be self-explanatory. These documents are produced by different organizations who use different words/jargons for their fields. CIC also does not need to understand everything. All they are looking for is, does it match with the NOC you are claiming to be on?

They know you can write 5 pages about your roles and responsibility (and they surely won't understand 4 pages of those!) but that is not relevant.
As long as it matches to the NOC to some degree, you are good!

Reactions: JACKCHITRA123

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
hello all

i am extremely worried and i think i have made a mistake. please advise me because may be i am worrying unnecessarily.

got Aor 2 weeks ago and passed medicals. application is currently in ip1.

my noc code is 1112 financial and investment analyst

now i am afraid that CIC might misunderstand one of the descriptions in the job letter that i provided from HR

i know job title does not matter but my title for the job was senior finance system analyst

under that one point of job description was:

"Production of business cases to support Hyperion software and resource investment decisions and designing forecasting spread sheets, variance analysis at Cost centre and directorate levels for senior management"

now this description clearly covers a lot of points in the noc 1112 because i was providing analysis recommendations by building business cases.

however i am worried that cic might misunderstand this statement and assume that "Production of business cases" is something to do with computer generated automation exercise that requires no analysis and recommendations

i should have elaborated it but i didnt want to copy the exact noc code description.

please help?

is "Production of business cases" self explanatory that i was providing analysis recommendations on investment projects or is it not? do i have to raise cse?

i think i made a mistake with the use of the word "production"

please help
Nothing to worry on this.Insignificant.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
No, it is not self-explanatory.
The way I look at these things is, they do not need to be self-explanatory. These documents are produced by different organizations who use different words/jargons for their fields. CIC also does not need to understand everything. All they are looking for is, does it match with the NOC you are claiming to be on?

They know you can write 5 pages about your roles and responsibility (and they surely won't understand 4 pages of those!) but that is not relevant.
As long as it matches to the NOC to some degree, you are good!
It should match all of the essential duties and most of the main duties mentioned under NOC code claimed by you.