+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

big mistake

hesselink

Star Member
Aug 13, 2007
came to canada on skilled workers visa BIG BIG MISTAKE work here is poorly payed and good jobs hard to come by my tip is to get a job before coming or expect to work at walmart

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know where you are located or what you used to do in old country but if you come to AB, you'll have a lot more options than Walmart.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Can you give us your background/story to start with.... making that statement just like that does not make any sense....

hesselink said:
came to canada on skilled workers visa BIG BIG MISTAKE work here is poorly payed and good jobs hard to come by my tip is to get a job before coming or expect to work at walmart

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes What Province are you???What do you do???If you are in BC i can put you under our skills connect program,Foreign Credentials problem,We are currently funding programs in that area,So How can We help If you are in BC

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The good thing is that you can still get a job at Walmart. Don't give up too fast. You'll find something better, but if you have a poor attitude, you'll only get so far.

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
BCguy said:
Yes What Province are you???What do you do???If you are in BC i can put you under our skills connect program,Foreign Credentials problem,We are currently funding programs in that area,So How can We help If you are in BC
do you have any such programes for toronto etc i mean the skills connect programe etc. we are new expecting to come there shortly.
smiss

amoroso

Star Member
Jun 17, 2008
Wow...that is alarming!!! Can you give us ur background HESSELINK before giving opinion. I know u are a senior member here so you opinion counts.

Thanks

hesselink

Star Member
Aug 13, 2007
my background is my wife was a social worker in scotland and i was a train driver but they do not seem to care here we had a agent who said with our background we would have no problems getting work in our fields but we can not get good jobs here in toronto that way i say try and get a job before you come here sorry if i see bitter but i can only call it as i see it

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So have you looked outside Toronto? If at least one of you could get a decent job, at least that would be a start.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
the one's experience is not the same as the other so don't you folks look all upset about this. No one gave you any guarantee that you will be able to live your dream(s). Not all of us will be successful...lets face it. My story is completely different. Came without a job offer..landed good paying temp.positions and am now in a perm. position in BC. Anyways, hope things work out for you on the run Hess. As for the rest of you..stay focused.