+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big company or small company? Which is better in terms of getting a PR?

kenny.li

Oct 9, 2012
I'm a international student studying in financial services in Toronto.
I know if I want to get my PR, I need a employer as a "sponsor" to provide supporting documents.
I wonder if the company brand name is the bigger the better or the smaller the better, in terms of getting a PR and extending my 1 year post-grad work permit.
I know no matter big or small the company is, skill class A and B in NOC is a must. So let just put the skill class aside in this thread.
I always thought the bigger the better, and bank would be a perfect choice. The small company doesn't bother to help you dealing complicated procedure with government. But yesterday I just heard a different voice that only in small company you could have the chance to be friend of your boss so he/she could "sponsor" you with extending work permit and getting a PR.
Before yesterday, my goal is very clear focusing in bank position in Skill A or B and I was always trying to get a internship there. So now I am very confused. Please somebody help me out. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Manitoba_Hunk

Nov 8, 2012
I guess u been misinformed. International student (IS) dont need to be sponsered. ISs get open work permit after graduation. CIC or ur province will call your employer for employment verification (that you are working there). Dont worry too much about immigration, slowly Canadian Goverment is realizing to make the process easier to ISs and temporary work visa holders. Dont listen to gossip visit cic website.

kenny.li

Oct 9, 2012
Manitoba_Hunk said:
I guess u been misinformed. International student (IS) dont need to be sponsered. ISs get open work permit after graduation. CIC or ur province will call your employer for employment verification (that you are working there). Dont worry too much about immigration, slowly Canadian Goverment is realizing to make the process easier to ISs and temporary work visa holders. Dont listen to gossip visit cic website.
The officials don't have any suggestion about the size of company. What I said goes according to the official website below.
ontarioimmigration.ca - Opportunities Ontario
I really want to know which size of company would give me an edge for applying PR and extending my 1 year post-grad work permit.