+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big big trouble

YYJBL

May 9, 2011
my sister renew my British passport in Hong Kong and sent it back to me (UPS) in 7th Feb, but I still have not received it yet. I did try to call DHL, they said Cda customs got it. Next day, I called Cda and they told me my passport is in UK and they will give me a call in few days, it has been a month, I still havent received any call. my passport is my only ID in canada and my visa will be expire in August plus I have to apply for my student visa for my Master study in Mcgill University.

Now, I can not go home (no passport) , I can not get a job ( need to apply for working permit ) and I do not have any ID to prove myself. Please, I really need help!

What can I do without any ID and can not go home? Should I commit Sucide? :eek:

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it was sent by UPS, why would you call DHL?

You should make a few more calls to find out if the passport is laying around somewhere. If you can not find out where it is, consider it to be lost, report it lost and apply for a new one yourself at the British consulate closest to you.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Sounds like you dug your own grave on this matter. Why did you not apply locally in the first place?

YYJBL

May 9, 2011
Oh! Not DHL. I did call UPS. the reason why I renewed it in Hong Kong because I was born in Hong Kong and I received my 1st British Passport was in Hong Kong though. In February, I have an audiiton in Montreal, plus I have to go school, thats the reason why my sister renew it for me.

I was a student in Brandon, there is no British Embassy around here.

Did I really do wrong in this case?

I did try to find out what my problem is. So, my fault is can not let my sister to renew my passport, I can not renew it in my Birth place? and I should not renew the passport where I received at the 1st time ? As you know, at that time Hong kong was British colonist, right? and All of my friend they renew it in Hong Kong.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it matters where you renew it but if it is true that Canada customs confiscated it, then it obviously would be better for you to contact the embassy the next time. Phone UPS again and ask them what is going on. If it really is at Canada customs, they should be able to give you a number to call.

If you to not succeed in finding out where your passport is or how you are supposed to get it back from there, you have to consider that it may have been lost. In that case, contact the UK embassy or a consulate and report it lost and apply for a new one. I have found for you that the UK embassy in Canada doesn't do passport, they expect you to deal with the embassy in Washington instead, see http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/

YYJBL

May 9, 2011
I called DHL again and they told me someone will call me tomorrow and my passport is in Winnipeg now, I wish everything will be fine. Thank you very much for you guys suggestion!

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sorry,

I WOULD HAVE HELPED YOU WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS BUT YOUR SUGGESTION TO COMMIT SUICIDE HAS PISSED ME OFF.

You must have been very silly to have thought of that in the first place.Suicide because of misplaced document not even lost please.....

May you succeed.

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Yeah that's crazy, why did you do that? I was told that you have to let embassy to embassy deal with your passport, they will arrange to have it transported for you. Never by mail. Good luck with that.