Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-10-2015
Interview........
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
My husband is 43 and i am 28 i'm not even worried about the age difference.

M

mikeymyke

A significant majority of the cases here that involve a large age difference, usually its the younger spouse that's being sponsored, while the older spouse is typically the sponsor. This is nothing new and nothing that CIC hasn't seen before.

Age differences are red flags yes, but if the rest of your relationship profile is very solid and you submit lots of relationship evidence, it won't be a big deal.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Will they call for interview solely for a large age gap? wife and I have been together for almost five years now, do they really think I would fail an interview??

Reactions: S_Souki_7
M

mikeymyke

Being together for that long, I doubt they will fail you just for an age gap. As mentioned before, many people with age differences have passed with flying colors.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Some people are really not helping much with their negativity!
You get a lot of negative feedback sometimes, especially if your application seems anything but perfect. This is a great forum, with some exceptionally knowledgeable, informed and helpful people, but as it is a forum, you also get those making uninformed, personal guesses as well. If you spend all your time listening to those who say you "don't stand a chance" or "Do it this way OR ELSE", you'll never put the application in the mail! My gut feeling is that most of the IO's are cognoscente of the fact that not everyone with an age spread is trying to screw the system. They are going to be watching for the guy/gal that just came back from Cabo with a new bride/groom he met on the beach a week before clinging to his arm.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
My husband and I had a big age difference too 23 years, me being younger. We were never called for an interview. We included proof of our relationship and halfway through the sponsorship we had a baby, bought a house etc and resubmitted more proof. Fast forward to a year after I received conditional PR, my husband and I have seperated (not because of our age difference) and CIC just removed my condition yesterday without requesting an interview.
Over the years that I have spent reading this forum and from common sense CIC can tell what a legit relationship is, noone invests 4 years of their life just to get PR, especially if you live together you can't last that long if one partner is faking it.
tdguy said:
Will they call for interview solely for a large age gap? wife and I have been together for almost five years now, do they really think I would fail an interview??

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Dont get that post from Missflowery wrong, its the cruel reality, any ways everybody is in the right to aply
good luck

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
ortom said:
My husband and I had a big age difference too 23 years, me being younger. We were never called for an interview. We included proof of our relationship and halfway through the sponsorship we had a baby, bought a house etc and resubmitted more proof. Fast forward to a year after I received conditional PR, my husband and I have seperated (not because of our age difference) and CIC just removed my condition yesterday without requesting an interview.
Over the years that I have spent reading this forum and from common sense CIC can tell what a legit relationship is, noone invests 4 years of their life just to get PR, especially if you live together you can't last that long if one partner is faking it.
That's not entirely true. There was a member here who was married to her spouse for 10 or 11 years, after being refused and appealing, they were finally successful and the spouse landed in Canada. Within 3 months, he was gone. If people are desperate enough, they can do just about anything.

That said, you need to be realistic when applying. A large age difference will raise a few eyebrows in certain parts of the world. It is important to address it, but if you have the proof and the relationship to back it up, there shouldn't be any issues.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
ortom said:
Ah my friend, Im not sure I agree with you here. My wife was telling me about a case from an African country where they were married for 7 YEARS and when he got to Canada he left. I believe alot of people are desperate and will do anything to escape a particular situation. It all boils down to people's motive, I guess. I want to ask you, though. Can you voluntarily submit more evidence to the VO while your file is processing and they haven't asked for it? My wife came to visit me recently and I also found some old stuff from 2011, can i just mail it into the VO with a letter stating what it is and my uci??

Reactions: carolbb23

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I guess I am speaking from a personal perspective here,my point being that relationships with a big age difference are more common than most people think. It doesn't usually raise flags for CiC if culturally that's common for example or if there is solid evidence that the relationship is genuine. That's my point of view at least and my understanding of the process.

In response to your question, yes you can send additional documents in, I did so twice for the birth of our daughter and I also sent in mortgage statement and few more pics of the trips we had taken while the application was in progress. Your file number and UCI will be enough, I would also add a personal letter briefly summing up what you are sending
tdguy said:
Ah my friend, Im not sure I agree with you here. My wife was telling me about a case from an African country where they were married for 7 YEARS and when he got to Canada he left. I believe alot of people are desperate and will do anything to escape a particular situation. It all boils down to people's motive, I guess. I want to ask you, though. Can you voluntarily submit more evidence to the VO while your file is processing and they haven't asked for it? My wife came to visit me recently and I also found some old stuff from 2011, can i just mail it into the VO with a letter stating what it is and my uci??

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The age gap matters depending on the situation. If the person being sponsored is from a visa-exempt country, it only has little impact even if the wife is much older than the husband. If from a non-visa exempt county, CIC looks at local cultural norms. In most cultures around the world, it is not unusual for the husband to be much older than the wife. Hence it is only a minor issue to CIC if the husband is much older (even 30+ age gaps have been approved) as long as the rest of the application is solid. However, it is not so common to see marriages where the wife is much older than the husband. This is especially true in most asian countries. Hence CIC does look at such marriages with suspicion if both the husband and wife share the same cultural background from said country. Of course this can be overcome. But CIC will likely scrutinize the rest of the application more closely than usual and it will likely lead to an interview.

Reactions: canadianwoman

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
ah, I thought I was the only one, Im 24 and my wife is 42. We have been together since 2011 but long distance since 2012. We didnt include any statements from friends or family but we had alot of SOLID EVIDENCE, thats what they want, take as many pictures, go out alot, save call records, save every little bit of information! all the best to us..
I also did not submit any letters from friends or family of any of us. I guess I was not even aware that I could send things like that and they could help. Too bad I found out about this group letter.
But just like you I have submitted a lot of pictures, skype call records, emails, watsapp. We have been talking for 2 years. Age gap is 32 years. Both are never married and no kids.

Fingers crossed.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
I also did not submit any letters from friends or family of any of us. I guess I was not even aware that I could send things like that and they could help. Too bad I found out about this group letter.
But just like you I have submitted a lot of pictures, skype call records, emails, watsapp. We have been talking for 2 years. Age gap is 32 years. Both are never married and no kids.

Fingers crossed.
I was processed in 3 months or so. Happily married with wife and in Canada 1 year now.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I was processed in 3 months or so. Happily married with wife and in Canada 1 year now.
Hope you are enjoying life together! I am still waiting to hear about our fate (almost 5 months since we submitted our application.) I am 21 years older than my common-law spouse. I am the sponsor and he is the PA from a visa-exempt country, but in S. America.

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
me and wife have 17 years age cap
we applied our file march now its processing in local visa office
my wife is born in srilanka and canadaian citizen
we send all our fb chat whatsapp chat and i message chat call history
she visited 2 times during our relationship
i hope we got somethong good news from cic

Reactions: majesty