+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big 4 accounting firm vs Small business immigration law firm

lukutu

May 18, 2022
Hello there.

I am having a tough time deciding between a summer position at a big 4 accounting firm (SALT Practice) and a small business immigration law firm (10 full-time lawyers). Both jobs have similar compensation so the compensation as a first-year is not an issue. The problem is I do love both tax law and immigration law, so I guess the future career trajectory is a deal maker. I know as a business immigration lawyer, I may have a good shot to move to a bigger law firm after 3-4 years of experience. But I do not know how much I will be expecting to earn from a big 4 accounting firm after 3-4 years of experience (FYI, only JD and non-LLM position). My big 4 firm's first-year salary started around 75k to 80k. I am an older dude (mid-30s) and moneywise my goal is to earn at least six figures (let say 120k) after 3-4 years of working experience.

Does anyone have some recommendations for me? I have a couple of days to decide.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there.

I am having a tough time deciding between a summer position at a big 4 accounting firm (SALT Practice) and a small business immigration law firm (10 full-time lawyers). Both jobs have similar compensation so the compensation as a first-year is not an issue. The problem is I do love both tax law and immigration law, so I guess the future career trajectory is a deal maker. I know as a business immigration lawyer, I may have a good shot to move to a bigger law firm after 3-4 years of experience. But I do not know how much I will be expecting to earn from a big 4 accounting firm after 3-4 years of experience (FYI, only JD and non-LLM position). My big 4 firm's first-year salary started around 75k to 80k. I am an older dude (mid-30s) and moneywise my goal is to earn at least six figures (let say 120k) after 3-4 years of working experience.

Does anyone have some recommendations for me? I have a couple of days to decide.
What does this have to do with Canadian immigration? This is a career choice.

lukutu

May 18, 2022
Hello there.

Does anyone have some recommen 10.0.0.0.1 dations for me? I have a couple of days to decide.
issue got solved!!