+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG in Process while test completed - Citizenship Applicants

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Did you mean the expiry for fingerprints? I thought the criminality is valid for 1 year and has to be renewed. Which is why they ask for FP again after a year if the process hasn’t completed. The security is valid for 4 years I thought I saw in this forum? Security is fine by CSIS and CBSA right?
I meant the expiry for Criminality clearance which is valid only for 1 year. Yes Security clearance is valid for 4 years.
So, if a decision is not made on your application within that time, you will be requested another set of fingerprints.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
I meant the expiry for Criminality clearance which is valid only for 1 year. Yes Security clearance is valid for 4 years.
So, if a decision is not made on your application within that time, you will be requested another set of fingerprints.
Understood. I know it’s different for every case but what is the average time for security part of the background check to be completed? My criminality is done.
Also, LPP doesn’t start until BG is completed right? Sorry I didn’t understand what you meant by oaths being cancelled.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Understood. I know it’s different for every case but what is the average time for security part of the background check to be completed? My criminality is done.
Also, LPP doesn’t start until BG is completed right? Sorry I didn’t understand what you meant by oaths being cancelled.
I am no expert but even security can take as long as a year or between 8-9 months if your BG is still pending. Never mind about the oaths...I meant the ceremonies getting canceled for some folks.
My BG was completed on March 1st when I sent my application in Nov 2022. LPP stage completes after BG and test.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
I am no expert but even security can take as long as a year or between 8-9 months if your BG is still pending. Never mind about the oaths...I meant the ceremonies getting canceled for some folks.
My BG was completed on March 1st when I sent my application in Nov 2022. LPP stage completes after BG and test.
Thanks for the answer. So you’re done with the whole process? I am approaching 1 year with BG in process. Starting to worry. Sigh.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Thanks for the answer. So you’re done with the whole process? I am approaching 1 year with BG in process. Starting to worry. Sigh.
Haha never said I was done. My BG is done along with my test. Since March 2023 been waiting for LPP to complete. We submitted our application in Nov 2022.
Your turn will come soon and it will happen when you least expect it.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Haha never said I was done. My BG is done along with my test. Since March 2023 been waiting for LPP to complete. We submitted our application in Nov 2022.
Your turn will come soon and it will happen when you least expect it.
Oh I’m sorry! That is a long time yes. And I thought BG takes the longest. I hope you get the LPP soon kind stranger! Fingers crossed for you. And thank you!

Reactions: Calgary222

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Hi for those whom have been asked for finger prints. How long does it take for it to reflect on the tracker. I have submitted my finger prints on Nov 4th and I called IRCC last week and they said it was received. Also, security has been passed as well as test. I’m guessing RCMP sends the results to IRCC in Vancouver and then it goes to the processing office ? In my case mississauga?!

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
When I can IRCC and answer the verification questions, they tell me they’ll need 3 mins to access my file and put me on hold. Wondering if this same for others? If it’s all electronic then why the 3 mins to access the file? Any ideas?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
When I can IRCC and answer the verification questions, they tell me they’ll need 3 mins to access my file and put me on hold. Wondering if this same for others? If it’s all electronic then why the 3 mins to access the file? Any ideas?
Sometimes it takes more than 3 min. They just want to open and read everything just like the way you see your notes, they check the status and basically just say things we already know from our tracker and notes. I think in some cases they contact your office to ask if anything is pending from your side.

Last edited:

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Sometimes it takes more than 3 min. They just want to open and read everything just like the way you see your notes, they check the status and basically just say things we already know from our tracker and notes. I think in some cases they contact your office to ask if anything is pending from your side.
Got it. Although in the tracker it doesn’t show what part of the BG is pending but they are able to say it. Although not all agents seem to want to share information easily.

Reactions: Calgary222