+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG in Process while test completed - Citizenship Applicants

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
I believe it is good a sign, at least someone is looking at your application and it’s not sitting on some random shelf. However, how did you know that they were from IRCC? I’m actually curious, I wanna know if they checked mine.
My LinkedIn profile views sections showed that somebody from IRCC viewed my profile. You should be able to see here if somebody is viewing your profile and where they work.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
So I’m curious, how does this even happen? I thought they don’t send the test invite unless background is completed. We all had our tests and that means they verified our BG. Then how is it that we are still waiting for BG months after completing the test? Just wondering what could be happening here and if this is a major exception.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I’m curious, how does this even happen? I thought they don’t send the test invite unless background is completed. We all had our tests and that means they verified our BG. Then how is it that we are still waiting for BG months after completing the test? Just wondering what could be happening here and if this is a major exception.
Test and BG are independent activities and have no dependency on each other's completion.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
As I wait for the security to complete I keep thinking what could be a potential issue. So the first year as newcomers to Canada I didn’t have much income and it was below 10K. My spouse was working but his salary was deposited to my bank account. We both filed our taxes and reported income of course. I’m just wondering if this could be a red flag for IRCC to see salary coming into my bank when I had no reported income for those periods? Any insight would be great help!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
As I wait for the security to complete I keep thinking what could be a potential issue. So the first year as newcomers to Canada I didn’t have much income and it was below 10K. My spouse was working but his salary was deposited to my bank account. We both filed our taxes and reported income of course. I’m just wondering if this could be a red flag for IRCC to see salary coming into my bank when I had no reported income for those periods? Any insight would be great help!
Security clearance is more from perspective of being involved in organized crime, human rights violations, espionage, terrorism etc. As this check means going beyond the borders of Canada, so a very slow process.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Security clearance is more from perspective of being involved in organized crime, human rights violations, espionage, terrorism etc. As this check means going beyond the borders of Canada, so a very slow process.
Thank you for the response! I’ve quite a bit of travel history and also lived in Europe for a few years. Although these were all before the citizenship eligibility period. Could these be possible reasons of the delay in security clearance as it’s outside Canada?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

You might be overthinking it; a security check focuses on national security and big things, not on taxes or your income. It's quite common to undergo a random comprehensive security check, which takes time. Hopefully, you will pass it.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
You might be overthinking it; a security check focuses on national security and big things, not on taxes or your income. It's quite common to undergo a random comprehensive security check, which takes time. Hopefully, you will pass it.
Thanks for the response - you’re right. I am overthinking this and I should probably stop lol. Thank you though :)

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
quick question, I'm wondering if different offices in federal government talk to each other... I have Security Clearances: Reliability status through my employer. I was wondering If i had to include that in my application? does anyone have similar experience?

Did everyone here receive a finger print request?

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Hi. Quick question - from what point should we count how long it's taking for background check - from time of AOR, FP submission or when Test shows completed on tracker? I'm looking to understand if my timeline is within the average period or I should start worrying lol.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi. Quick question - from what point should we count how long it's taking for background check - from time of AOR, FP submission or when Test shows completed on tracker? I'm looking to understand if my timeline is within the average period or I should start worrying lol.
Think it starts when your file goes in process

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Is that so? I saw some counting since Test complete date.. What is the average processing time for background (security) check?
Varies between applicants but it could be anywhere from a month to 9 months. It does expire after a year and has to be done again which is one of the reasons I think some oaths have been canceled lately, could be that the checks or clearances have expired, but this is just my guess.

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Varies between applicants but it could be anywhere from a month to 9 months. It does expire after a year and has to be done again which is one of the reasons I think some oaths have been canceled lately, could be that the checks or clearances have expired, but this is just my guess.
Did you mean the expiry for fingerprints? I thought the criminality is valid for 1 year and has to be renewed. Which is why they ask for FP again after a year if the process hasn’t completed. The security is valid for 4 years I thought I saw in this forum? Security is fine by CSIS and CBSA right?