+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG in Process while test completed - Citizenship Applicants

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Correct me if I’m wrong - so it is only the security part that takes a very long time? I passes security and got a FP request shortly after and I submitted it on Nov 4th.
Yes you are not in this long wait. Your background will pass once IRCC receives your fingerprints. It takes about 4-6 weeks after you submit the fingerprints.

tariq5050

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
It just frustrates me. I've been in Canada for over 10 years now with different status's (Student Permit, WP, PR). You'd imagine they have everything on you for the past x amount of years. Why the extra delay when people of have come here for 3 years or claim "asylum" are getting it faster. Sorry, had to rant.

• Sad
Reactions: elfei and Livra

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-30
Delivered: 2023-04-30
AOR: 2023-05-23

June 29: Citizenship Test updated to In Progress
July 11: Citizenship Test completed
July 13: Citizenship test marked completed in Tracker.

Background: Still In progress

Nothing after that, as of today.

Called IRCC twice, no update, Background in process and told to wait as per standard timeline of 18 months.

Fun-fact: Me and Wife applied together , our application were together till Citizenship test. After that, our applications diverted and she has her Oath ceremony this week. Our days in Canada, background etc. everything is same as you can imagine but her application was processed much early.

• Sad
Reactions: tariq5050

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
Hello Guys.
i just saw this thread and thought to share my experience as I was in the same boat as you guys.
AOR Oct 2022
test completed jan 25, 2023
BG stayed in progress and was completed on Sept 19, 2023

I ordered ATIP 5 times during this time. security section was blank.
then i reached out to MPs office. they told me there is nothing they can do as the application is within the processing time.
spoke to IRCC agents three times and they told me that application is not with them and they are waiting for checks from other institutions
got frustrated and applied for ATIP from CSIS. they sent me a letter that they can not share the information under some section as per the law.
basically all the doors were shut and no one cared to share any information
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I was thinking of ordering ATIP if I did not receive any update by the end of Nov. You've literally done all you could do and none of them helped to accelerate the processing time.

Humitnrxjz

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: 2023-04-30
AOR: 2023-05-23

June 29: Citizenship Test updated to In Progress
July 11: Citizenship Test completed
July 13: Citizenship test marked completed in Tracker.

Background: Still In progress

Nothing after that, as of today.

Called IRCC twice, no update, Background in process and told to wait as per standard timeline of 18 months.

Fun-fact: Me and Wife applied together , our application were together till Citizenship test. After that, our applications diverted and she has her Oath ceremony this week. Our days in Canada, background etc. everything is same as you can imagine but her application was processed much early.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I was thinking of ordering ATIP if I did not receive any update by the end of Nov. You've literally done all you could do and none of them helped to accelerate the processing time.
Did you apply separately or together as one application

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Same here
AOR: May 17
FP request: June 22
FP Received: July 9th
Test Completed: July 6th
everything else in process
BG: Criminal check completed
BG: Security screening in process since August

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Same here
AOR: May 17
FP request: June 22
FP Received: July 9th
Test Completed: July 6th
everything else in process
BG: Criminal check completed
BG: Security screening in process since August
Did you also know that your criminality passed and not yet your security through IRCC call center?

i am in a similar situation where my test is completed and everything else is “In Progress”.

I want to ask what has passedregarding my background check but I don’t know of I should or how, or will they tell me by themselves when I called what has passed and so on…

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Did you also know that your criminality passed and not yet your security through IRCC call center?

i am in a similar situation where my test is completed and everything else is “In Progress”.

I want to ask what has passedregarding my background check but I don’t know of I should or how, or will they tell me by themselves when I called what has passed and so on…
You have to ask

Reactions: Ryan4

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
Did you apply separately or together as one application

Together, but when I called IRCC they told me, even if you apply together, adult applications are treated as 2 separate applications and their path may vary

parts007

Oct 12, 2018
Hey all, I wanted to share the experience of my wife so far. We both applied separately on same date but her case is lagging behind.

Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: August 13th, 2023
AOR: September 18th
BG Complete: September 28th
Test Invite:
September 27th
Test: October 23rd
Test Complete: October 25th

I know this timeline may seem normal but its not for Montreal office. I applied on the same day as my wife and my oath is scheduled next week. I am starting to feel scared looking at all your cases.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019

Yes you can call IRCC and asked them which part is in progress Criminal/security and they will let you know most of the time.

Reactions: Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
You have to ask
So I just hung up from IRCC, the agent told me that both my criminality and security passed on November 1st. However, my background check is still “In Progress” according to the tracker. So my question is, do you guys think that background check includes more than just “security” and “criminality” and that’s why it hasn’t been updated yet?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
So I just hung up from IRCC, the agent told me that both my criminality and security passed on November 1st. However, my background check is still “In Progress” according to the tracker. So my question is, do you guys think that background check includes more than just “security” and “criminality” and that’s why it hasn’t been updated yet?
There are three forms of clearance, but I believe background checks are tied to security and criminality; therefore, I assume your problem is related to the "online tracker"; it happens sometimes.

Reactions: monamigo and Ryan4