+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG check changed but Medical not pass yet

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Any idea how come my background check status is "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check." while my medical has not passed yet? I'm a PNP inland applicant and with AOR on Jan.15, 2017. I just found a few applicant submitted after me has passed medical exam. :-\ :-\

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
arielnana said:
Hi guys,

Any idea how come my background check status is "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check." while my medical has not passed yet? I'm a PNP inland applicant and with AOR on Jan.15, 2017. I just found a few applicant submitted after me has passed medical exam. :-\ :-\

There is nothing to worry. This is normal only and I have seen some cases similar to you. It might be the reason that the agent who is looking your file might miss to update medical status and update only the BG status. As long as you are not hearing anything, you can safely assume that things are going smoothly.

All the best :)

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
arielnana said:
Hi guys,

Did the medicals change to passed yet?, i am in the same boat ! AOR 13 Feb, BG IP 21 April while medicals not needed at this time still.

syahska

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Im AOR 28th April and below are the changes in my profile:
7th June- Meds- You do not need a med exam. We will send you a message if this changes

BG - Not applicable

14th June- Meds- You do not need a med exam. We will send you a message if this changes

BG - Not applicable

21st June- Meds- We are reviewing the results of your medical exam

BG - Not applicable

22nd June- Meds- We are reviewing the results of your medical exam

BG - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

BG - Not Applicable

Any suggestions where i stand

HENRYAZANOR

May 28, 2016
Hi, did you get any updates yet? I am in the same boat! No changes to my medicals but background check says your application is in progress , review of eligibility in progress and final decision also says your application is in progress. I got an email Wednesday saying there was an update in my cic account but no mail just says updated when I check it. Don't know what to think because it says action required. Called IRCC client services and he said the action required update is an error message. That there is no action required as at this time. Please share your view! Thanks
Im AOR 28th April and below are the changes in my profile:
7th June- Meds- You do not need a med exam. We will send you a message if this changes

BG - Not applicable

14th June- Meds- You do not need a med exam. We will send you a message if this changes

BG - Not applicable

21st June- Meds- We are reviewing the results of your medical exam

BG - Not applicable

BG - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

BG - Not Applicable

Any suggestions where i stand
ii

HENRYAZANOR

May 28, 2016
Yes called client services and they said it was an error. My medicals was eventually updated and I got request to upload additional documents:supplementary information:my travels: imm5562. Uploaded and have received passport request email last week Monday.

TII

Jul 5, 2017
Yes called client services and they said it was an error. My medicals was eventually updated and I got request to upload additional documents:supplementary information:my travels: imm5562. Uploaded and have received passport request email last week Monday.
Please, can I have line and the extension you called?