Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Yeah like everyone says best option is hire a lawyer that is best you can do for yourself and for your family.I saw many people on the forum who applied inland without status and get their pr but I m not sure about outland while in Canada . For example I left the country but not the 30 days given me so my deparature order became deportation order I applied outland my sponsorship approved . and They told me I need to apply authorization to return Canada which is approved . Got my visa 2 days ago . I hope all this information helps but hire a lawyer about this situation.

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
I can't just leave Canada now. My son is in school and starting grade one after the summer. I know what u may say that I will be thrown out etc.. I have read many people have done it so I am praying I am one of them. I posted to see if there were anymore stories on here. If I leave they will never let me back in

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Thank u braveheart09.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
There was a case here not that long ago where an applicant had applied Outland but was in Canada without status. She got a letter stating that she needed to 'fix' her status to qualify. All she did was flagpole into the US with her spouse to do this. Her application was accepted and she is now underway.

Anytime you are dealing with a government and you don't have a valid status you are at risk of being deported to your home country. Before you get to that point, it is always best to fix that status first. My suggestion would be, if you are close to a US border, and don't require a visa to enter, you and hubby and son take a day trip for some shopping in the good ole US of A. Get some simple things, a couple groceries, sight see for a couple hours. Bring your payment receipts and a copy of your PR application that it's been sent, include any communications you have from CIC thus far, and then come back to Canada. Ask for a visitor record at the border so you can have a status while you await the outcome of your PR application with your husband and son as a family.

The paperwork is daunting. The stories one is able to create in their head about worst case scenarios makes the paperwork seem like a cakewalk. If it causes you stress and discomfort, then fix what you can. You can remedy this with some relative ease. Take a deep breath and figure out the quickest easiest route to exit and re-enter the country. No matter the mode, take the paperwork and ease your mind.

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
OH thank you very much for that information alurra71 it sounds doable for sure, I know I would be an absolute mess trying to cross the border. Question for if I am out of status here wouldn't the states not denie me entry there that's what I have been told. My application has been sent a little over a week ago. If I am denied entry won't I be stuck in the states ?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Loveactually said:
OH thank you very much for that information alurra71 it sounds doable for sure, I know I would be an absolute mess trying to cross the border. Question for if I am out of status here wouldn't the states not denie me entry there that's what I have been told. My application has been sent a little over a week ago. If I am denied entry won't I be stuck in the states ?
The states doesn't care what your status is Canada, what they care about is what your passport says. If you are from the UK then I believe you are visa exempt in the US, correct? If you are then you may enter the US on your passport alone.

You are correct that you would be stuck in the states if you were denied re-entry into Canada, however, if you were to bring a copy of your payments/application and your spouse/child with you, the odds are quite slim that CBSA would deny you re-entry. I know they seem scary, even more so when you watch "Border Security" on TV. They are human just like you, put pants on one leg at a time, just like you. They understand and see all kinds of issues and as long as you are not a criminal and just your typical stay at home mom that got into a bad situation but is now trying to fix it, they will likely overlook your past digression of overstay and help you out. Can I guarantee this? No, I'm sorry, nobody can, but what I can say is with 98% certainty, based on other individuals that have posted here, you will be perfectly fine, even if you're kind of freaked out at the border ;)

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Thank you. Well I will wait until I have at least one response from cic so I have a little more paperwork to bring and I will ask my partner if we can drive to the border I believe it's 3 hours away. I would love nothing more than to fix my status I feel like I am the worst mom putting my son through this although he is only 6. Being denied would devastate him. He is so sensitive. Canada has been good to me so far. I pray this works

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
I'm interested in how you came to a situation where you were out of status for 4 years?

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Long story short I was travelling back and forth to Canada for over 2 years after my son was born I really didn't know the ins and outs of visas I had never applied for one. On my last trip I overstayed a few weeks not realizing and when I did I thought that was it if I left I would never get back in. My son would never see his father. I didn't know nothing about the 90 days. After that I felt doomed I looked into sponsorship and we came across many hurdles. I was scared to leave. Members of my family have passed away and the struggles I have had here has scared me so bad. I didn't mean to stay but when I did I froze and couldn't leave