+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beware of Interview Questions at CHC if you are an Indian

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
SO RPM, what should the Indians do in your opinion to prove their certificates and degrees are TRUE not fake if CHC doesnt have the checking mechanism in place ? That was my real question?

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
I am sure that the CHC, to an extent, is checking for the credibility of the certificates (else why would it take 3-7 years delay if CHC is giving visas without checking anything).

From the students point of view, why not get a few reference letters from the professors (and trust me, many of the students these days do this) attesting the performance of the student. Also maybe submit the project work which you have submitted as part of the dissertation? Let’s not blame everything on CHC. Lets also do our due diligence (sorry if this is too strong a word) to “prove” we did not fake the certificates. If many people have not faked the certificates in the past/present I am sure we would not be having this conversation in the first place.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
rahul0910 said:
SO RPM, what should the Indians do in your opinion to prove their certificates and degrees are TRUE not fake if CHC doesnt have the checking mechanism in place ? That was my real question?
Be like the Chinese and the Filipinos and prove in the interview their credentials are real,In the Philippines and China FAKE DOCTORS,ENGINEERS have made mistakes that KILLED people,Canada does not want fake professionals,So Why are Sri Lankans,Bhutanese and Nepalese not subjected to the same scrutiny on their credentials,Simple LESS FAKE DIPLOMAS,Reduce the fraud in India,the scrutiny will also go away

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
rupeshhari : I am talking about the Delhi University, IIPM , IBM are they too difficult for CHC?
RPM / BCGuy : With no due disrespect to your opinions and suggestions and your posts, I think you are still living in the old colonial area where you still have the guilt of being a third class citizen. Where you still blame India for every thing.
Now coming to the suggestion that Indians SHOULD take some reference letters from professors or classteachers as refrence, Can you guarantee that they will not be treated as FAKE too, If CHC regards Delhi University degrees as fake than whats the guarantee about the professors letters will be treated with more suspicion. Now tell me did you get any such letters from your professors that you are studying in this and this college 15 years back?

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
Yes and one more thing out of ALL the documents CHC only really beleived in the 8 band score of IELTS submitted to them, cos they are supplied by BRITS

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
rahul0910 said:
rupeshhari : I am talking about the Delhi University, IIPM , IBM are they too difficult for CHC?
RPM / BCGuy : With no due disrespect to your opinions and suggestions and your posts, I think you are still living in the old colonial area where you still have the guilt of being a third class citizen. Where you still blame India for every thing.
Now coming to the suggestion that Indians SHOULD take some reference letters from professors or classteachers as refrence, Can you guarantee that they will not be treated as FAKE too, If CHC regards Delhi University degrees as fake than whats the guarantee about the professors letters will be treated with more suspicion. Now tell me did you get any such letters from your professors that you are studying in this and this college 15 years back?
Why is a native born Canadian a 3rd class citizen????I simply stated a fact that countries which produce lots of fake diplomas like India,China and Philippines have academic credentials scrutinized more then others.My wife who is an optometrist back in her home country had questions about eyes asked of her,She did not think it was racist.A friend of mine from Fudan University,A top university in China also had to prove His diploma was real,no problem with him because he knows China makes lots of fakes like the Fake Milk which sickened 300,000 Chinese Children,But when an indian is asked to prove his diploma is real,its racist????.Wake up India is not the center of the world and INDIANS ARE NOT SPECIAL AND ARE TREATED LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE,I TOTALLY DISAGREE THAT YOU SHOULD GET SPECIAL TREATMENT TO BE EXEMPT FROM SCRUTINY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE INDIAN,NOW THATS RACISM IF YOU GET SPECIAL TREATMENT AND CHINESE AND FILIPINOS STILL FACE SCRUTINY

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
Rahul, I feel that your reaction is an outcome of the way the CIC interviewed on a topic which you were least expecting. You were more concerned about the absence of continuous work experience of the PA. But to your surprise the questions were more directed to the studies and the genuineness of the certificates which irritated you. You were mentally expecting a tough situation due to the absence of last two years work experience of PA.
It is a fact which has been proven beyond doubt that there are many a fake documentations not only in India but also from the so called developed nations. But most of it done by unscrupulous cheats who want to hoodwink the authorities to get past the test. Later finding out such incidents have put reverse pressure on the testing authorities to refer back to the authenticity of doubtful documents. If you had been tested for it, it is not because of your documents authenticity but the fact the relevance of job experience and the qualification one has earned.
If my job profile had health related work and my education was in electronics or something that is not relevant to my studies then the CIC has every right to verify which one is more authentic and do I and Canada will embrace each other. So nothing wrong in them grilling me to find out the facts. Also if they doubt the facts in the supporting documents which may have non collaborative facts.
But above all you have to stop finger pointing CIC for what they have done for you are not an exception. Many would have gone through the similar situation before and many will in future. It is the right of the host (CIC) to choose to whom (applicants) to allow to enter so that the condition inside his house do not get deteriorated.
Please stop resenting and naming it as racism

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
whatever is the case, its not racism. Racism implies its based on race and if they treat the Sri Lankans okay, then it cannot be racism.
Perhaps they do treat indians badly, but thats not racism. Thats probably based on their statistics of what the people above mentioned. Unfortunately, most of us cannot help you on how to get through the interview.

While, I don't doubt individual people in CIC (or anywhere) could be racist, I am in no doubt that CIC as an organization/institution is not racist, but that is my opinion and really not based on anything because I don't have much experience with them except looking at statistics.
Hi rahul,

I understand your problem. But none will help you but patience.

Cheers