+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beware of Interview Questions at CHC if you are an Indian

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
Hi all,
Please dont be of the view that all counsellors are friendly, specially not in Abu Dhabi counselling section, and specially if you are an Indian you are treated with suspicion about everything that you have done in your career/schooling/College level..and evenm your job. The counsellor in Abu Dhabi office starts with asking the Indian applicants to explain each and every subjects that they have studied in their High school/ College and the exact dates when they have appeared in the college, and he can ask you in detail about all the subjects you have studied and anything that you dont remember is treated as suspect and your degree will be rendered as fake. No matter how much you may try to coinvince the counsellor. This has happened to not just one but about 5 Indians who have been interviewd at Canadian embassy at AbuDhabi. Its a coincidence that Phillipinos and other nationalities are exempt from this grilling.
So be prepared to study all your school / College bools again and all the certificates you produce to CHC specially in the Middle East region, and specially if you are an Indian.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
It is because of the large number of FAKE Diplomas and Degrees generated by India,Unfortunately you have to suffer for the faults of others.There are even areas in India like the Punjab where they dont recognize most diplomas, from there,Do you really want a high school graduate pretending to be a nurse treating you???or A person with FAKE Drivers license driving cars???

plank

Feb 21, 2008
It is sad that people do such things and finally it effects everyone involved in the process

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
So rahul, Your interview is a not a positive outcome? or is it that they grilled you and what happened after that?. I agree to all the other posts regarding fake done by some is the yard stick to measure the whole.

PaulandAb

Jan 8, 2009
Hi Rahul,

It's really, too bad that some of us have to go through such humiliating experiences, especially, so if one is a genuine degree holder like yourself. It is just true that a lot of the documents that are submitted now-a-days are doubtful, courtesy of our own countrymen's doings. To counter this though, some governments have done measures to prevent proliferation of fake diplomas and degrees,if not totally eradicate them, including the Philippines. These governments certify legal documents, especially pertaining to educational records, which are checked, sealed and authenticated and then are attested to by the issuing governments.

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
Hi,
Its a common knowledge that Canadian Counsellers use rascism as a weapon to selectively use it aagainst Asians, specially indians.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I also have to disagree with Racism against Indians,Here in BC they have reached the highest level of Goverment,Premier of the Province and currently We have had Indians at Federal Cabinet Ministers,MP s and MLA s.Wally Oppal,Dave Hayer Provincial Cabinet Ministers would disagree with you.Some of the richest people here are South Asian and Perhaps the problem would be some Embassy Personnel are sort of harsh,But Racism against Asians Sorry but my comment would be Huh???????,Chinese are the number 1 source country,India is number 2 and the Philippines is number 3 for Immigrants to Canada.Canada s Goverment has already seen the future of Canada lies in a MULTICULTURAL quilt,In my home city of Vancouver,Caucasians are a MINORITY.They are about 45% of the Population compared to 30% Chinese 12% South Asian 5% Filipino with Latins ,Africans,Arabs and other Asians making up the rest,Does this look like a racist country??????Do more research on Canada

Jan 16, 2009
Regardless what had been done by Indians in the past, the interviewer's responsibility is to give the interviewee a chance to prove or clarify him or herself. It doesn't need to be suspicious to conduct the interview. My view is not base on individual’s posting. I believe as Canadians we owe it to the world.

Go.internaional

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
OK Guys tell me one thing, Do all of you remember what all subjects in High school you have appeared in about 20 years back and can you answer correctly the counsellor if he starts asking you minutely about Physics, Chemistry and Maths, Can you describe about Physics in 2 mins, when you are not prepared for that question? Do you remember what you have studied minutely in Botany 15 years back in Graduation when since last 10 years you are into Marketing and Management line? Tell me how many of you have been pursuing your carreers in the exact schooling and Degree that you have done? Is it fair?
Now tell me if the Coiunsellor suddenly asks you to explain to him completely about C++ that you have done 10 years back with an IBM genuine diploma but you have shifted to Marketing, Are we going to use Botany and C++ when we have a job offer in Marketing from Canada. On the basis of this if the counsellor says that I dont beleive you have done your schooling and Graduation? What about the jobs you have done for 10 years or 5 years that counsellor doesnt ask even a single question.
And that they do only with indians.........MIND YOU !!!
There has been cases of rascim in ASIA and MIDDLE EAST . Dont you call the above questions asked by counsellor, who doesnt want to talk to you about your present job, last 2 jobs and just make decisions on the subjects that are totally irrevalent to Canada immigration? India may be No. 2 country from where immigrants come, but they cant stop family immigration or see the percentage of Indians succeeding, when more than 1 million Indians have applied for Canada immigration, do you have the statistics...Thats RACISM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Fact according to official statistics Number Source countries of FAKE Academic Credentials submitted to Canadian High Commisions is India,followed by China and Philippines,There is an internal memo to red flag Academic credentials from these countries.Thats not racism,its a fact that these 3 countries produce lots of fake academic records.Maldives and Seychelles people are also South Asian but are not red flagged as are Bhutan and Nepal,reason LESS FAKE DIPLOMAS.You can yell racism,But cannot deny India produces lots of Fake Diplomas along with China and the Philippines.Chinese in Beijing and Filipinos in Manila are also quizzed about their academic past.Review and you should be fine .

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
So BC GUY you say that CHC doesnt have any mechanism in place to check the credentials of the Degrees, which have been certified by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy in India. Do CHC consider all Indian Degrees , Diplomas as fake. How can you really prove that your degree is REAL when you have done everything within your limits and when CHC DONT have a mechanism in place to Check the authenticity. Thats WHY I said this is RACISM in true colors against INDIA, CHINA and PHILLIPINES. What else is rasicm can you define BC GUY?

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Rahul,

While I totally sympathize that Indians are in close scrutiny, I really don’t believe Canadian Govt is using Racism as a weapon or anything like that. I am from India and I love India very much. Having said that and having lived in India for a long time, I know for a fact that there are quite a lot of people who get away using fake certificates. It’s not the question of whether Canadian govt trusts Indian govt or not. With out the CHC closely examining the certificates how else will we know that there are fake certificates circulating around?

But once you clear all the immigration checks and get a visa, Canadian govt treats you exactly like it treats it’s any other citizen/immigrant. You get equal opportunities in literally everything. When it comes to employers asking for Canadian experience, they, more often than not, have a point. For example, if you want sell Mutual Funds etc, you need to take Canadian securities Course etc for that..it’s just an example.

My personal experience is that, having immigrated to Canada recently, I have always got positive response from the people and govt here in Canada. I “strongly” believe that Canadian Government does NOT use Racism.