+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Between study permit and PGWP

sajith930

Jul 30, 2018
Hi all,

I have some this problem. When international student finishing their studies we have to apply PGWP. For that 90 days are given from the graduation date. (Am I right? ) If somehow processing time exceed the this 90 days time period, what is the status of VISA, Can we work part time during that period or what?

Your comments on this highly appreciated.

Thank you

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi all,

I have some this problem. When international student finishing their studies we have to apply PGWP. For that 90 days are given from the graduation date. (Am I right? ) If somehow processing time exceed the this 90 days time period, what is the status of VISA, Can we work part time during that period or what?

Thank you
Buddy as much as I could understand from your post : You have applied for pgwp so you are on implied status no matter how long it takes for processing your pgwp application. You can work full time till you get the permit

sajith930

Jul 30, 2018
Buddy as much as I could understand from your post : You have applied for pgwp so you are on implied status no matter how long it takes for processing your pgwp application. You can work full time till you get the permit
Thank you mate.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Isn't it illegal to work full time until we get decision?. I heard some students got PGWP rejection.
If rejected then you can't work anymore and it's illegal but before that on implied you can work full-time. No.one will be rejected if they work full-time during implied status

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
Hi all,

Thank you
Hi,Sajith,
which school are you attending? Plz share how to apply school. Nobody reply and share me. I am going to apply soon.
Thanks.

sajith930

Jul 30, 2018
Not yet. My ielts score is overall band 6 but reading 5.5 only. :( Which school is available for this score?
Thanks
It's better to do IELTS again. at least each band with 6.0. Otherwise it's very tough to get admission, BUt you can apply some programs with English course.

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
It's better to do IELTS again. at least each band with 6.0. Otherwise it's very tough to get admission, BUt you can apply some programs with English course.
Thanks. Not easy to get job with English course. I have already given up. Thks anyway.