+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Better way to apply for asylum!

Aug 24, 2018
Hi All,

Hope u all doing well!

My friend is Yamani and he got TRV for him and his family, as you all knows that there’s war in Yamen since three years so he planing to ask for asylum once arrived to Canada.

The questions is:

Which the better way to apply for? Is in airport once their passport stamped? Or better to apply from any IRCC office inside city?

And when he can get work permit?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

Hope u all doing well!

My friend is Yamani and he got TRV for him and his family, as you all knows that there’s war in Yamen since three years so he planing to ask for asylum once arrived to Canada.

The questions is:

Which the better way to apply for? Is in airport once their passport stamped? Or better to apply from any IRCC office inside city?

And when he can get work permit?
Airport. A work permit may take some time.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Seems extremely unusual that the whole family got a TRV given the war in Yemen.
If they are fake or stolen, they will soon find out.

Aug 24, 2018
If they are fake or stolen, they will soon find out.
Thanks for replyed, As I understand he's invited from his cousin - Canadian business man there - and and his family living and working in gulf country since 12 years and showing the visa officer ties in current place, also bank account around 30,000 CAD. So it’s make sense they're tourers!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for replyed, As I understand he's invited from his cousin - Canadian business man there - and and his family living and working in gulf country since 12 years and showing the visa officer ties in current place, also bank account around 30,000 CAD. So it’s make sense they're tourers!
If they've lived/working in Saudi Arabia since the last 12 years there's a slim chance their claims for asylum will be accepted

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
This is very
interest! But based to what you said that while actually Yamen is under attacking by Saudi Arabia?
What Bryanna said is still accurate. I think your friends need to read about what a refugee is. Just because countries are at war does not mean you automatically qualify. The "possible" refugee NEEDS to be personally affected and being attacked, not just once, but continuously and is LITERALLY at risk of getting seriously injured/dying due to the attacks. If they are prospering in Saudi Arabia, not sure how they will qualify.

Reactions: Bryanna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is very
interest! But based to what you said that while actually Yamen is under attacking by Saudi Arabia?
The war in Yemen has been going on for years and the family was able to live and work in Saudi Arabia. This family hasn't been living in Yemen for over a decade. They aren't living in Yemen or Djibouti in a refugeee camp.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
OP friend is living in Saudi Arabia for 12 years. It doesn't make sense for him to claim asylum when he is not in danger.
But Saudi Arabia doesn’t provide permanent residency or citizenship to foreigners and all foreigners have to get their Iqama renewed by their sponsors every year paying very high fees and sponsors can issue final exit to them at any time and also foreigners have to find another job with new sponsor within one month timeframe if they lost job with previous sponsor.I’m born and living in Saudi Arabia for 26 years and I get my Iqama ( temporary residency ) every year.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
But Saudi Arabia doesn’t provide permanent residency or citizenship to foreigners and all foreigners have to get their Iqama renewed by their sponsors every year paying very high fees and sponsors can issue final exit to them at any time and also foreigners have to find another job with new sponsor within one month timeframe if they lost job with previous sponsor.I’m born and living in Saudi Arabia for 26 years and I get my Iqama ( temporary residency ) every year.
The basis for asylum claims is if the applicant will face any danger to their personal life if they were forced to go back to their home country.

Living in Saudi Arabia and have to pay fees is not the basis for any asylum claims. Especially when you lived outside your home country for so long.