+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

better for myself (citizen) or wife (PR) to apply for in-laws TRV?

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey all. Looking to have my in-laws to vist Canada, not on a super-visa, but curious on best way to approach this. My wife has been here 2 years now as PR. If i'm applying on their behalf, the first questions i'm asked on application are regarding if I am eligible to apply. Does that mean I would need to create an account for my in-laws or can i do it directly from my IRCC account - because i'm not seeing that option yet.

Thanks for the help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey all. Looking to have my in-laws to vist Canada, not on a super-visa, but curious on best way to approach this. My wife has been here 2 years now as PR. If i'm applying on their behalf, the first questions i'm asked on application are regarding if I am eligible to apply. Does that mean I would need to create an account for my in-laws or can i do it directly from my IRCC account - because i'm not seeing that option yet.

Thanks for the help!
If not on a supervisa, then TRV? You can apply as their representative and there is a form for them to sign. They create an account for the two of them, and then they fill out and sign off on the representative form. It is not through your account.

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
If not on a supervisa, then TRV? You can apply as their representative and there is a form for them to sign. They create an account for the two of them, and then they fill out and sign off on the representative form. It is not through your account.
awesome thanks! I'm in the process of creating an account for my in-laws. They don't speak any English at all so i'll be doing everything on their behalf. They don't have an email address either, so do you think me using my own would cause any issues? Because i'll also have to indicate that same email address when filling info out about myself. Lastly, will I need to create an account each for both my mother and father-in-law?

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awesome thanks! I'm in the process of creating an account for my in-laws. They don't speak any English at all so i'll be doing everything on their behalf. They don't have an email address either, so do you think me using my own would cause any issues? Because i'll also have to indicate that same email address when filling info out about myself. Lastly, will I need to create an account each for both my mother and father-in-law?

Thanks!
You can also sign up new email address in their name.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks!
They can apply on the same application

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
They can apply on the same application
perfect thanks!

Working through the forms now and on the "Family Information" form (IMM5645) it says to list all children AND siblings. my mother in law is from a family of 11 kids, and my father in law from a family of 4. For both of them, they only connect with half the siblings or less and the relationship is not good at all with the others. Do you think it would be acceptable to leave them off (all or some?) as they wouldn't know dates of birth/addresses etc. Maybe I can mention this in the additional information later in the application?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfect thanks!

Working through the forms now and on the "Family Information" form (IMM5645) it says to list all children AND siblings. my mother in law is from a family of 11 kids, and my father in law from a family of 4. For both of them, they only connect with half the siblings or less and the relationship is not good at all with the others. Do you think it would be acceptable to leave them off (all or some?) as they wouldn't know dates of birth/addresses etc. Maybe I can mention this in the additional information later in the application?
Okay to left some off - especially those would not travel or deceased.

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Okay to left some off - especially those would not travel or deceased.
thanks Steaky!

how about for my in-laws (who are 75) parents? they have long been deceased and details are murky. do they need to be included on the form too?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Steaky!

how about for my in-laws (who are 75) parents? they have long been deceased and details are murky. do they need to be included on the form too?
Yes, they need to be included.