+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to re-enter Canada after denied refugee claim

newgame

Nov 13, 2013
Sorry to bump this thread, but I got a new question. What is the best way to convince an officer that I have no intentions of staying after the study permit has expired?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
newgame said:
Sorry to bump this thread, but I got a new question. What is the best way to convince an officer that I have no intentions of staying after the study permit has expired?
Given your immigration file history, I think you will find it almost impossible. Can YOU think of anything that YOU would be convinced by? If you can't, what hope have you of convincing someone else?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Agree with Zardoz

I just cannot see what you could say to convince them when you were denied a refugee claim and have a pending PR application....

I was given a student visa even though I had a pending PR application but the VO made it clear that she was only doing so because I had undergone the medical for my PR application and was excpecting to become a PR while I was still on my student visa. So, she knew I had no plans to return but was planning on legally living in Canada permenantely

newgame

Nov 13, 2013
zardoz said:
Given your immigration file history, I think you will find it almost impossible. Can YOU think of anything that YOU would be convinced by? If you can't, what hope have you of convincing someone else?
Really good point. Couldn't think of anything so I guess I'm stuck here.

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
newgame said:
Really good point. Couldn't think of anything so I guess I'm stuck here.
I'm getting confused by the OP.

You mention: When we were applying for work permits, we got refused.

Then you continue with saying you want to finish your study.

I would say your chances are probably very low, it really looks like you just take whatever you can to stay in Canada (not blaming you or something), but for the VO that might be reason to just reject you. Don't apply unless you can present them a strong case. If you give it a go and they refuse your study permit, I believe you've 0% chances.

Currently I think you still might have a chance, not a big one, but I wouldn't say 0% since you're 18 now and never applied on your own, or did you? Since your family is no longer in the country you have ties to the original place. NOt trying to give you false hope here though, I think your chances are slim, but not 'non-existant'

newgame

Nov 13, 2013
mrFoce said:
I'm getting confused by the OP.

You mention: When we were applying for work permits, we got refused.

Then you continue with saying you want to finish your study.

I would say your chances are probably very low, it really looks like you just take whatever you can to stay in Canada (not blaming you or something), but for the VO that might be reason to just reject you. Don't apply unless you can present them a strong case. If you give it a go and they refuse your study permit, I believe you've 0% chances.

Currently I think you still might have a chance, not a big one, but I wouldn't say 0% since you're 18 now and never applied on your own, or did you? Since your family is no longer in the country you have ties to the original place. NOt trying to give you false hope here though, I think your chances are slim, but not 'non-existant'
Hey, sorry if I haven't made myself clear. Here's a recap:

2004 - Applied for refugee claim and it was denied. We left within the 30 days in Jan. 2011

2012 - My dad applied for Ontario PNP and it was approved. We applied for our work permits immediately but they were denied because they didn't believe we would leave the country once they expired.

We still got a perminant residence application being reviewed.

While being back in our country of origin, I turned 18 and finished highschool.

But I'd like to attend an university or college in Canada, that's why I ask what are the chances of me getting a student permit.

*No I have never applied on my own. Except the work permit, but that was becuase of my dad's PNP application, I don't know if that counts..

* Yeah we got ties in our country of origin and enough money there in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you have zero chances of being approved due to the denied refugee claim. I think it's pointless to apply and you just need to sit tight until the PR application is approved. As you said, your work permits were denied even though your father had secured the PNP Nomination - so logically the same will happen with the study permit for the same reasons.

However if you're really bent on applying, no one is going to stop you. Note that it's far too late to apply for the January intake. So you would be looking at applying to start school next May (or September if the course you're interested in doesn't have a May intake).