+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to put pictures as an evidence for relationship?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:
Where is this written? I searched for keyword photograph in both basic and complete guide but found nothing like this.
try reading the checklist. page 6 of the new checklist (section 7 - proof of relationship to sponsor):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

dican

Jul 29, 2015
iSuperman said:
Where is this written? I searched for keyword photograph in both basic and complete guide but found nothing like this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf on page 6

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
dican said:
I just checked the new application guide released today and there are specific limits for pictures

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your
relationship (taken at different times and places)
. Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief
description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);

If you are not living together, also provide:
Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.

I would advise to follow the guide. I did it word by word and had no issues at all.
Writing details behind pics means they are expecting them in loose form. Right?
Then what about the pics with details in the relationship proof question?

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I provided about 20-30 pictures with labels on each picture describing it.

But 10 pages of communications might seem too little. I must have gone at least 50 pages. Truncated skype to show date and length of calls was at least 20 pages. Than there was my phone bills for each month another 20 pages or so. E-mails, facebook screen captures, etc.. can really add up.

But than it says if you live together you don't have to provide communication proof? Saves one task for some people from providing.

dican said:
I just checked the new application guide released today and there are specific limits for pictures

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your
. Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief
description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);

Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.

I would advise to follow the guide. I did it word by word and had no issues at all.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:
Writing details behind pics means they are expecting them in loose form. Right?
Then what about the pics with details in the relationship proof question?
i doubt they are going to reject pictures that happen to be printed on paper and provide a description. perhaps there's more information about this in the guide.

as for the specific questions, i haven't ready through the application to see if it specifically requests any. it could very well suggest to not send pictures as part of the answer. again, i'd imagine this is referenced in the guide somewhere.

buonqua said:
I provided about 20-30 pictures with labels on each picture describing it.

But 10 pages of communications might seem too little. I must have gone at least 50 pages. Truncated skype to show date and length of calls was at least 20 pages. Than there was my phone bills for each month another 20 pages or so. E-mails, facebook screen captures, etc.. can really add up.

But than it says if you live together you don't have to provide communication proof? Saves one task for some people from providing.
precisely why they are probably limiting the amount to send. why does cic need 20+ pages of skype/chat logs? they don't. it is enough to mention in the application those are ways used to communicate. if they are suspicious of it and want to see proof of it, then they will ask.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Please help me in this.

We have almost 5000 messages on fb,
More than 10000 messages on Whatsapp.

How to summarise all of them in just 10 pages to show that we have a continuous communication?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
easy, you say: throughout the 7 years we've been together we have communicated everyday (or how often) by these means (list the ways you communicated). things we talked about were: family life, vacation time, work life, missing eachother, our future, etc.

where does it say in the application you need to show "continuous communication" by submitting social media or phone messages? it doesn't. i'd recommend not sending any, and just referencing the ways you communicated in your answers. you are over thinking the application and you will end up making your case more complicated if you try to overload the application with this stuff. LESS IS MORE. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
CDNPR2014 said:
you don't. where does it say in the application you need to show "continuous communication" by submitting social media or phone messages? it doesn't. i'd recommend not sending any, and just referencing the ways you communicated in your answers. you are over thinking the application and you will end up making your case more complicated if you try to overload the application with this stuff. LESS IS MORE. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages

Here in this part.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:

Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages

Here in this part.
great, so pick 10 pages of emails/social media conversations that seem relavant to your relationship. this isn't suppose to be difficult.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
CDNPR2014 said:
great, so pick 10 pages of emails/social media conversations that seem relavant to your relationship.
Exactly. Picking 10 pages but what 10 pages?

5 pages from Fb, 5 from Whatsapp, 5 greeting cards/letters and 5 emails? If yes, then in what order? Messages from the beginning or recent ones?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:
Exactly. Picking 10 pages but what 10 pages?

5 pages from Fb, 5 from Whatsapp, 5 greeting cards/letters and 5 emails? If yes, then in what order? Messages from the beginning or recent ones?
again, you are over thinking things. a) it doesn't matter where the communication is from b) it doesn't matter what order you put them in c) pick examples that show communication about important moments of your relationship or maybe things that support answers in your application. seriously, we can't tell you what's right for your application just pick something and assume it's good enough. sending or not sending whatsapp or fb messages isn't going to make or break your application.

or here's a thought, if you can't make a decision about it, leave it out completely and use something else to prove your relationship.

there's no reason to get stuck on this one point.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
CDNPR2014 said:
again, you are over thinking things. a) it doesn't matter where the communication is from b) it doesn't matter what order you put them in c) pick examples that show communication about important moments of your relationship or maybe things that support answers in your application. seriously, we can't tell you what's right for your application just pick something and assume it's good enough. sending or not sending whatsapp or fb messages isn't going to make or break your application.

or here's a thought, if you can't make a decision about it, leave it out completely and use something else to prove your relationship.

there's no reason to get stuck on this one point.
You helped a lot buddy. (Y)

michicanuck

Dec 12, 2016
Michigan, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-30-16
AOR Received.
12-9-16
dican said:

My app was put in 2 weeks ago, and this is almost exactly the amount of stuff we put into ours, along with copies of leases, a car title, a beneficiary statement. That stuff carries more weight, if you have it, than emails.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
WOW, maximum is 10 pages?

Having Singapore as a VO with maximum 10 pages as proof, this is going to be a long 22 months :(