+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to put pictures as an evidence for relationship?

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Hi,

I have written our story in a Word document and inserted images for every event. Altogether, the story and the images have created a document of over 200 pages.

Is this the correct way of showing pictures or putting loose photographs is good?

Thanks in advance.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
either or works fine. if these 200 pages are separate from the questions in the application, you may want to scale down on the pictures, it's not always necessary to send 200 pages worth of relationship proof. stick to answering the questions in the application and submitting proofs that compliment those answers.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
CDNPR2014 said:
either or works fine. you may want to scale down on the pictures, it's not always necessary to send 200 pages worth of relationship proof.
If you had to chose, would you go for pics in the Word doc or the loose pics?

Actually we have almost 7 years of long distance relationship, so that's why mentioned every detail for safer side to avoid any chance of problems.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:
If you had to chose, would you go for pics in the Word doc or the loose pics?

Actually we have almost 7 years of long distance relationship, so that's why mentioned every detail for safer side to avoid any chance of problems.
if you have been in a relationship for 7 years, you don`t need to provide every single detail of those 7 years. remember, these are humans who are reading these applications. the more info you provide, the longer it will take for them to get through it and pick out what is relavant. it is certainly possible to get your point across in much less than 200 pages. to put things into perspective our application was 97 pages TOTAL- this included all application forms, extra pages, required documentation and relationship proofs. it`s about quality, not quantity.

i submitted mine on powerpoint slides. again it doesn`t matter - do what works best for you. what matters is your answers make sense and it`s obvious your relationship is known to others.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
if you have been in a relationship for 7 years, you don`t need to provide every single detail of those 7 years. remember, these are humans who are reading these applications. the more info you provide, the longer it will take for them to get through it and pick out what is relavant. it is certainly possible to get your point across in much less than 200 pages.

i submitted mine on powerpoint slides. again it doesn`t matter - do what works best for you. what matters is your answers make sense and it`s obvious your relationship is known to others.
200 pages is a lot. We did a few word doc pages with pics on and underneath we wrote where it was taken, when and with who. We did key events - vacations, birthday, time with family etc.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
CDNPR2014 said:
if you have been in a relationship for 7 years, you don`t need to provide every single detail of those 7 years. remember, these are humans who are reading these applications. the more info you provide, the longer it will take for them to get through it and pick out what is relavant. it is certainly possible to get your point across in much less than 200 pages. to put things into perspective our application was 97 pages TOTAL- this included all application forms, extra pages, required documentation and relationship proofs. it`s about quality, not quantity.

I wrote that with a thought they will get an idea with a glimpse on the number of pages along with the details and pics and will help them understand that this relationship is healthy and genuine in much less time. What do you think?

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
km9203 said:
200 pages is a lot. We did a few word doc pages with pics on and underneath we wrote where it was taken, when and with who. We did key events - vacations, birthday, time with family etc.
So there were 2 questions.

1. How relationship developed
2. Proof of genuineness

So I wrote a breif for question 1 and everything else for question 2.

dican

Jul 29, 2015
iSuperman said:
Hi,

I have written our story in a Word document and inserted images for every event. Altogether, the story and the images have created a document of over 200 pages.

Is this the correct way of showing pictures or putting loose photographs is good?

Thanks in advance.

From our experience 200 pages may be excessive. We have been married for 10 years, 3 out of those 10 were a long distance relationship. We put together 3/4 pictures per year with a caption in a word document. The pictures highlighted key events such as graduations, engagement, marriage ceremony, honeymoon, trips, family gatherings, etc. Hope this helps.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
jeffporfirio said:
Frame them.
I sent mine in really nice frames from Sears

iSuperman said:
What! Frame? Like wooden frames? I didn't understand this. How is it possible in a paper application?
it says in the application to not use frames. any frames sent will probably be thrown out. it's best to read the guide and follow those directions.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
So guys are saying that it would be tough for the officer to understand? I thought this will make the officer's work easier and he/she will make ours fine.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iSuperman said:
I wrote that with a thought they will get an idea with a glimpse on the number of pages along with the details and pics and will help them understand that this relationship is healthy and genuine in much less time. What do you think?
if you send them 200 pages, they have to read every single page to determine it's legitimacy. they certainly can't just "glimpse" at something and consider your relationship genuine. less is more. it's certainly not necessary to send them every single detail of the past 7 years. there's not much else i can say that i haven't already said about it, so feel free to send 200 pages, just know it could cause your application to take longer to process, since every single page of your application needs to get scanned, then read - and i'm pretty sure more than 1 officer has to review the application.

iSuperman said:
So guys are saying that it would be tough for the officer to understand? I thought this will make the officer's work easier and he/she will make ours fine.
how is reading 200 pages+ easier than reading less than that? think about it. if you have a book that's 20 pages long and a book that's 200 pages long about the same topic and proves the same point, which book do you think would be "easier" to read? 200+ pages of a relationship timeline is not "easier" to read than a 10 page outline.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CDNPR2014 said:
it says in the application to not use frames. any frames sent will probably be thrown out. it's best to read the guide and follow those directions.
He's trolling.

iSuperman said:
200 pages is way too much. You need to cut that down significantly. For reference, the new application states to send no more than 20 pictures to support the relationship.

dican

Jul 29, 2015
I just checked the new application guide released today and there are specific limits for pictures

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your
relationship (taken at different times and places)
. Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief
description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);

If you are not living together, also provide:
Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.

I would advise to follow the guide. I did it word by word and had no issues at all.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dican said:
I just checked the new application guide released today and there are specific limits for pictures

Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your
. Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief
description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);

Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.
i must say these new requirements are great. i'm glad they now have a limit for these things - it is often the biggest stresser for applicants.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
dican said:

Guide 5289? I searched for 20 photograph keyword but found nothing.

I would advise to follow the guide. I did it word by word and had no issues at all.
Where is this written? I searched for keyword photograph in both basic and complete guide but found nothing like this.