+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to get PR after 1 year diploma...

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
hi
i am planning to do a hospitality course from royal roads victoria or a college in vancouver.

i intend to start in the spring intake

what is the average student cost of living in vancouver and victoria?

what is the scope for ODD job opportunities for indian students at cafes, factories, farms and other minimum wages jobs? Do these cities have ample or few job opportunities?

Please help me with this problem, Because it is already late, i want to start my admission process as soon as possible .

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

If you really want to be sure... to get a PR after a 1 year course... then do a minimum 1 year Master's course in any of the recognized universities in the provinces of Saskatchewan OR Ontario. After pursuing a minimum 1 year Master's course at any of the universities of these provinces, you will be eligible to apply for direct nomination (SINP Master's & PHD stream and Ontario pilot Master's stream) without a job offer, provided you meet the conditions such as showing a minimum 10,000$ to sustain yourself in Sask. or 11,086$ required to show in Ontario PNP.

To know more:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

Another, sure-shot way is to get PR is to do any 2 years/4sem/1800 hours recognized course in Quebec, show French intermediate level proficiency i.e DELF B1... and you can apply for CSQ. Alternatively, do a 1 year diploma course, having high points..and score minimum 55 points(with or without French) under regular students programme of Quebec. If you have 55 points, which is usually tough..without getting points in atleast beginner level French (DELF A1/A2), you can be assured of PR by doing a just 1 year course.

To know more:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html

Hi, as a professional (4 year Bachelor's Degree) i want to know if a study a 1 year program in Toronto, can i be eligible to apply for the PR though the international Student with a Job Offer Stream??? ......... ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOBAPPLY.html#_qualify

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

I'm NOT against PG certificate courses (especially business...where it's implied). I just tell the reality... as to University Master's courses are usually better option. if you read my previous posts carefully, I always advice to try for Master's, those who are eligible to get admissions.. and colleges are usually very good for trade courses and other practical oriented UG diplomas (not to mention..most students are already graduates/Post graduates from countries like India, where applying to Master degree courses in their area of study, increases the visa chances). Most PG certificate courses offered by Ontario based colleges are full of International students.. looking for a quick way to enter Canada, those who are usually not eligible to get admissions to Masters or don't want to spend a lot in Universities and are often encouraged by educational agents to go into these colleges. rarely a Canadian gets admission into these PG college business certificate courses.Saying this.. it doesn't mean 1 cannot get success after doing PG certificate level college courses, as there have been instances where students pass out and do get a skilled job. At the same time not ALL Master degrees in universities are good. So it all relative... depends on the individual student on how he/she fares.
Getting PR is not totally linked or necessarily connected to getting a skilled job and/or a good career, especially in today's scenario when 1 can rush to Sask./Manitoba..get ANY full time job..and then after meeting some conditions, get PR. But, if one has a skilled job offer... it's always better...as no matter what.. even if the Sask/Manitoba rules change... skilled immigrants will always be welcomed... not to mention Sask, Ontario and Quebec (with French) offer direct nominations to Master degree holders... also.. skilled jobs can be bagged... one can get an excellent skilled job, not necessarily after university.. but after doing college trade courses and/or college practical diplomas...
As I said..getting a full time job.. depends totally on the individual. However, better qualifications, passing out from a better educational institute, doing a course in demand, getting Canadian work ex, volunteering, networking etc. dramatically increases your chance of getting a desired full time job..

Finally... I'm no expert... and there is no compulsion to strictly go by and believe what I say... After-all I always put a disclaimer that it's my personal opinion... at the end of my posts. You can go there for yourselves...and check out the actuall scenario.

Hope it's clear.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Quebec nominations are for ANY Post Secondary course. It does not have to be a masters.

karanssharma

Nov 5, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
if you are planning to apply PR you should thoroughly revise the PR rules as they may be changing up(getting strict) for the coming years

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talwinder virk said:
waht are the chances of PR after 2 year diploma in electronic engg. from humber college ...??
Let me check my magic 8 ball... no dice!

Right now, you have a couple of options for PR. In 2 years time (by the time you graduate), nobody knows.. probably not even Jason Kenney.

Canada is catching up to the student influx and is changing immigration programs rapidly (see saskatchewan PNP changes). So the options you have available today may not be available in 2 years time. with Canada becoming the new australia (in terms of influx of students from India), they are learning a lot from the australian system which is not PR friendly anymore.

vatsalnaik15

Oct 1, 2013
Pr after master

I got admission in dalhousie university in nova scotia. i want to apply for pr after completing my masters. so whats the procedure??? and it is easy to get pr in nova scotia.//???

tiger007

Champion Member
Re: Pr after master

vatsalnaik15 said:
I got admission in dalhousie university in nova scotia. i want to apply for pr after completing my masters. so whats the procedure??? and it is easy to get pr in nova scotia.//???
Hi,

Applications for Nova Scotia province International Graduate stream, completely stopped on March 31, 2013. So, at present there is NO PNP program in Nova Scotia for international students.

You will have to complete your Master's degree at Dalhousie and then;

1. Find any skilled job (NOC O,A or B) anywhere in Canad a(outside Quebec province), and continue that job for atleast 1 year, and then apply for PR under federal CEC.
2. Move to other province and find a skilled job ( depending upon provinces it may be required that it be in your field of study OR even unskilled), do it for anywhere between 0-12 months and then qualify for PR under a PNP.
or
3. Do really good in your academics, secure admission to a recognized PHd program in a decent Canadian public university, where after completing 2 years of your Phd (and in meantime having atleast 1 year part time work ex. as a research assistant over these 2 years.. which in most cases is possible as most PHds are fully funded and gives opportunity to work as research assistant) , you can apply for direct PR under FSW PHD stream.

To know more about various immigration programs for international student sin Canada, see this latest OCT. 2013 update:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.225.html

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Applications for Nova Scotia province International Graduate stream, completely stopped on March 31, 2013. So, at present there is NO PNP program in Nova Scotia for international students.

You will have to complete your Master's degree at Dalhousie and then;

1. Find any skilled job (NOC O,A or B) anywhere in Canad a(outside Quebec province), and continue that job for atleast 1 year, and then apply for PR under federal CEC.
2. Move to other province and find a skilled job ( depending upon provinces it may be required that it be in your field of study OR even unskilled), do it for anywhere between 0-12 months and then qualify for PR under a PNP.
3. Do really good in your academics, secure admission to a recognized PHd program in a decent Canadian public university, where after completing 2 years of your Phd (and in meantime having atleast 1 year part time work ex. as a research assistant over these 2 years.. which in most cases is possible as most PHds are fully funded and gives opportunity to work as research assistant) , you can apply for direct PR under FSW PHD stream.

To know more about various immigration programs for international student sin Canada, see this latest OCT. 2013 update:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.225.html

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Hi Tiger007, can you tell me whats advantages has Alberta PGWC over Saskatchewan and Manitoba student category where you only need 6 months of full-time work experience?

tiger007

Champion Member

lorerodri said:
Hi Tiger007, can you tell me whats advantages has Alberta PGWC over Saskatchewan and Manitoba student category where you only need 6 months of full-time work experience?
Hi,

To know more about various immigration programs for international students in Canada, see this latest OCT. 2013 update:

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tiger007 said:
Hi,

To know more about various immigration programs for international students in Canada, see this latest OCT. 2013 update:

Hi tiger007, i've read it already, thats why i asked you, i don't see why its says Alberta pgwc is easier and faster, Saskatchewan and Manitoba both have easier program to drive to PR because of the lengh of work experience needed (6 months) , i want your opinion and comments.

thanks

minhaj khan

Oct 4, 2013
Hello every one,

i have already got the offer letter from lambton PG hotel management and going to apply very soon.
i would like to know that my father is sponsoring my tuition fee. whereas my aunt in Canada is sponsoring for my
boarding and lodging.

- i have seen some where on this forum that i should provide FRC AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES of
both the sponsors. which in the case of my father i can provide but i cannot provide the FRC for my aunt whereas
i can attach her birth certificate and matriculation certificate. would it be enough??

- i am going to attach the propert papers and documents from the business of my aunt. she cannot provide me any
bank statement since the money is not sufficient in their bank account. there taxes and house mortgage is very high that
the visa officer will vlearly get the idea that they have high earnings. would it be satisfying??

kindly if anyone can inform me on the subject and what documents i should provide else from the sponsors??

regards