+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to apply for my Visa. I am Pregnant the father is a Canadian.

bzegirl

Jan 7, 2014
First of all I want everyone to know that I don't want to take advantage of the free Medical system in Canada I don't mind paying to have the baby there just want to know what the rules are on a non Canadian having a baby with a Canadian. I am a belizean who has been dating the same Canadian guy for the last 8 years. We did not plan on having this baby but we are going ahead with it. However my situation is complicated I was denied a visa to the U.S when i was pregnant with my son not because i was pregnant but because the U.S emabassy decided that i only married my husband for citizenship which was not the case we had been dating since i was 16 and married really young when i was 20 I never applied for a visa again because it irritates me that Canadian and Americans can come live in Belize no visa needed but I have to go through hell every time i want to go visit either country which i have not done since i was 18 I am now 30 and have never left Belize other than to neighbouring countries for a day or so. Lots of Canadians and Americans live here no problem. I don't plan on living in Canada at least not now if I ever have to might suck it up and go but that would only be if my boyfriend can no longer work in Belize but that would never happen though cuz he is my common law husband by law here since we have lived together for over five years and I love my home and have a great business that i have ran for five years. I do however want to give this Child the opportunity to if he/she ever wanted to go live in Canada and study and pay taxes like the rest of you guys he/she will have the opportunity too. I know that the Child will get citizenship through the father regardless of where the child is born. but i would prefer to have the babies Children have the same rights if they choose to I don't want him to have a second class citizenship also so my boyfriends daughter can be present and his family. I am due in July and read that my boyfriend could apply for sponsorship for me but it may take 6 to 12 months. I just want to know the best way to go about getting a visa should we try for the spouse visa or just go on the visitors visa? And want to do everything legally.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You won't get PR by July - even if you apply now. So a visitor visa is your only option. It would be best to arrive in Canada well before the birth of your child. Having a visitor visa does not guarantee entry into Canada and time to time women who are visibly pregnant are turned away.

Whether your birth will be covered by the Canadian health care system will depend on a number of things, including what province your husband is living in in Canada - and whether he's been outside of Canada long enough to lose his health care coverage.

bzegirl

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you for the advise. We will try if not no big deal the baby will be a belizean/Canadian either way.

Rabba

Aug 6, 2013
You might not get a visa but make sure that the father gets the baby registered with Canada and that the baby gets its Canadian Citizenship.
Might come in handy some day in the future.
Canadian Citizenship is better than gold and diamonds. :eek:

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
bzegirl said:
First of all I want everyone to know that I don't want to take advantage of the free Medical system in Canada I don't mind paying to have the baby there just want to know what the rules are on a non Canadian having a baby with a Canadian. I am a belizean who has been dating the same Canadian guy for the last 8 years. We did not plan on having this baby but we are going ahead with it. However my situation is complicated I was denied a visa to the U.S when i was pregnant with my son not because i was pregnant but because the U.S emabassy decided that i only married my husband for citizenship which was not the case we had been dating since i was 16 and married really young when i was 20 I never applied for a visa again because it irritates me that Canadian and Americans can come live in Belize no visa needed but I have to go through hell every time i want to go visit either country which i have not done since i was 18 I am now 30 and have never left Belize other than to neighbouring countries for a day or so. Lots of Canadians and Americans live here no problem. I don't plan on living in Canada at least not now if I ever have to might suck it up and go but that would only be if my boyfriend can no longer work in Belize but that would never happen though cuz he is my common law husband by law here since we have lived together for over five years and I love my home and have a great business that i have ran for five years. I do however want to give this Child the opportunity to if he/she ever wanted to go live in Canada and study and pay taxes like the rest of you guys he/she will have the opportunity too. I know that the Child will get citizenship through the father regardless of where the child is born. but i would prefer to have the babies Children have the same rights if they choose to I don't want him to have a second class citizenship also so my boyfriends daughter can be present and his family. I am due in July and read that my boyfriend could apply for sponsorship for me but it may take 6 to 12 months. I just want to know the best way to go about getting a visa should we try for the spouse visa or just go on the visitors visa? And want to do everything legally.
1st option is visit visa, 2nd sponsorship. But government of canada is changing its rules regarding the citizenship. Make sure to look on it. but you definitely can apply for sponsorship, marry or remain in common law union, but you must live with him, so as your child.